New Blog launched!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice blog site Beavis! Enjoyed the pix and of course made me antsyer (don't think thats a word ) to get stuff in the ground, but we have a few months of cold left. Lucky you!

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks for the input! Lots to do still on the blog, but its a start.

I will be busy, busy, busy these next few months. March through June is make or break here in Southern California. July, August and even September can be so darn hot, that the plants gasp for heat relief.

My goal is to get some warm season crops in the ground in February, and roll the dice that a late frost doesn't hit.

But I will be succession planting as well to insure back-up crops in case the weather takes a turn.

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks, Still learning, but so far I am pleased with the results

Hey vfem, I linked to your blog on my page....:cool:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice blog, I could look at garden pics all day long! I think we'll warm up a littler earlier this year too. I can just *feel* it in the air. :D

I hosted with Wordpress for about a year and ended up switching to Blogger. Wordpress is said to be the best and I liked their user interface better. I think they have better networking too with their "FreshlyPressed" and tag search function (resulting in more hits.) But Blogger was a little more customizable for me and also Wordpress doesn't work with some of the widgets I wanted to use. But overall I think you'll like it there. Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. I love my blog! :love

BTW, I found out the other day that you can have your blog printed as a book. How cool is that?

TanksHill

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I love the blog Beavis. I should check in regularly. It will remind me of what I should be doing.

:thumbsup