New Forum???

Athena

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I am really interested in container gardening...
Vegetables intermixed with flowers....
for my deck in NE Florida...

ie,... tomatoes, with basil and marigold combinations...

and I just just started venturing on this ... and would everyone's input.

I just didnt find a definate thread where container gardening was found, and I don't know how to search on here....

I think, this is post 3, so forgive the ignorance??

Thoughts???

also, when buying seeds from the net, I wanted to buy leek seeds, and I need maybe a doz... but I got 1200?????????
once I get going, I will have plenty to trade or giveaway... or do you normally keep them for a few years??
Can only grow so much when in containers....

Athena

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Athena said:
I am really interested in container gardening...
Vegetables intermixed with flowers....
for my deck in NE Florida...

ie,... tomatoes, with basil and marigold combinations...

and I just just started venturing on this ... and would everyone's input.

I just didnt find a definate thread where container gardening was found, and I don't know how to search on here....
We don't have a container garden forum, but you could put your questions in Fruits and Vegetables, many other container garden questions have been posted and answered there. Raised beds are nothing more than large containers! :)

I think, this is post 3, so forgive the ignorance??
Oh, no ignorance at all, please ask anything you need to know!

also, when buying seeds from the net, I wanted to buy leek seeds, and I need maybe a doz... but I got 1200?????????
once I get going, I will have plenty to trade or giveaway... or do you normally keep them for a few years??
Can only grow so much when in containers....
Seeds from the net have nothing to do with it, most seed companies sell seeds by packets, leek seeds are tiny, and you tend to get a lot in a packet. Keep them in a cool, dry place and they should be ok for next season, but all of the onion family seeds are fairly short-lived, so you'll end up having to replace them. Some seed companies offer smaller quantities, Pinetree Garden offers smaller packets and are inexpensive, too.

And welcome to BYC! Enjoy your stay here! :watering

Latest posts