New from Michigan!

Unburdenedmom

Sprout
Reaction score
Hello! I am in Northern Michigan and am excited about gardening. We recently moved and the house we live in has 5 acres and the backyard has quite the extensive flower garden. I’d love advice and tips. I have no idea what is growing or what kind of care things need.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hello! I am in Northern Michigan and am excited about gardening. We recently moved and the house we live in has 5 acres and the backyard has quite the extensive flower garden. I’d love advice and tips. I have no idea what is growing or what kind of care things need.

welcome to TEG from mid-Michigan.

do you have any gardening experience at all? :)

pictures will probably help a lot especially if you can get the plants when they are flowering.

be patient and observe are always good ideas for the first season in a new location.

for me that includes noticing the prevailing winds, what type of sunlight i have in various locations, water flows, wind breaks and of course learning about what weeds are about that i should get after right away.

Unburdenedmom

Sprout
Reaction score
I have very lit
welcome to TEG from mid-Michigan.

do you have any gardening experience at all? :)

pictures will probably help a lot especially if you can get the plants when they are flowering.

be patient and observe are always good ideas for the first season in a new location.

for me that includes noticing the prevailing winds, what type of sunlight i have in various locations, water flows, wind breaks and of course learning about what weeds are about that i should get after right away.

I have very little gardening experience. In our old house, I had two hydrangeas and some bulbs that were no maintenance. I have mostly done vegetable gardens. I will get some pictures up. Is this the right place to post those?
The problem is I’d like to put my vegetable garden in where some of the flowers are. The previous owners left a very nice sprinkler system (in ground) for their flowers and I kind of want to use that for our vegetable garden

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:welcome From Alabama! If you can take pictures of the plants that will help identify them and their growing needs. And yes you can post them here or make a separate thread. Whichever you like!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have very lit

I have very little gardening experience. In our old house, I had two hydrangeas and some bulbs that were no maintenance. I have mostly done vegetable gardens. I will get some pictures up. Is this the right place to post those?
The problem is I’d like to put my vegetable garden in where some of the flowers are. The previous owners left a very nice sprinkler system (in ground) for their flowers and I kind of want to use that for our vegetable garden

if you want to start your own thread you can post pictures there so people would be able to find them as they read along or come to it for the first time.

i'm not sure about sprinkler systems and how they may be adapted to a vegetable garden. IMO in MI it may not really be needed and be more in the way or subject to damage or complications. the main time i use the hoses here are when planting and keeping the ground moist during sprouting and early stages of growing. after that it is all up to the weather as to how much i'll use it.

Latest posts