New from New Mexico; but I am really old.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi all,

I do not recognize any names as of yet. I found the link to this site via Backyardchickens.com I look forward to getting to know you all. The last garden site I belonged to was several years ago called NHGC. I miss them from time to time.

I live in Zone 8a. I have pet chickens, rabbits, lovebirds, parakeets, and a dog. Gardening flowers is my primary interest.

Here is a shot of my yarden.

20rjw2b.jpg

34refep.jpg

fx5rwk.jpg

2e5oaq1.jpg

28r1s9h.jpg

These were all of last years pictures. Spring has sprung here but not as far along as these pics. I bet everything will look so much better with another season under my belt. This is season 5 in my yarden at this home.

Take care, Ron :D

Kristinaagain

Sprout
Reaction score
Really gorgeous! We're into our 2nd year with the backyard we're creating and I hope to one day have something gorgeous like you have!

edited to add.........what type of grass is that in the fourth picture?

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi again,

Kristina, that is what we call Maiden-hair grass or Mexican Feather grass. It is really something. In that picture it must of been just about April of last year. You can see the grass has begun to flower already. Once the seeds form I use a leaf rake and I have to comb the seeds out by the billions, otherwise the grass takes over every nook and cranny it can find. I grow it in the worst soils that are hardened clay with no organics and they thrive at the edges of my raised beds.

I will have seeds this Spring that I will offer (by the bag-loads) LOL. But be warned if you dare LOL. The reason why I can get away with the containment process is because this is the high desert, and if a spot does not get watered then it does not grow; which makes invasive plants for some folks my best and healthiest growers.

here is another picture and showing off the dog, his name is Rudi.

6qik29.jpg

take care, Ron

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I don't know much about grasses but I do beleive that a Shiba Inu standing there....what a sweetie! :)

Purple Strawberry

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

Can you come visit my house? j/k I was wondering if you could do a close up shot of that coffe table. I would like to make one with flowers in the middle very cute and I bet it could be done with a yard sale find.

Angie

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome. I think most of us are originally from BYC. I find myself more active here than there. but I guess from here to there funny thing are everywhere.