New from New Mexico; but I am really old.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Ron, Welcome to The Easy Garden :frow !

Very pretty garden & dog . . .

My father grew up in Las Cruces. Actually, he talks about Mesilla Park.

I've been to Las Cruces and found Mesilla but not Mesilla Park. I think they may call it University Park, now. Dad's not much help in clearing up the mystery. He left there during the Great Depression when he was just a kid.
You see, Dad was 91 last month :weight.

Steve

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Hi Ron, Welcome to The Easy Garden :frow !

Very pretty garden & dog . . .

My father grew up in Las Cruces. Actually, he talks about Mesilla Park.

I've been to Las Cruces and found Mesilla but not Mesilla Park. I think they may call it University Park, now. Dad's not much help in clearing up the mystery. He left there during the Great Depression when he was just a kid.
You see, Dad was 91 last month :weight.

Steve
Go, Dad, Go! Good for him, I hope he still has his health.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Dad is in California right now, spending a couple weeks in a warmer clime.

After running his snowblower a lot this Winter, he needed a break.

He took his pickup . . . and his girlfriend . . . :).

Steve

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Dad is in California right now, spending a couple weeks in a warmer clime.

After running his snowblower a lot this Winter, he needed a break.

He took his pickup . . . and his girlfriend . . . :).

Steve
GOOD FOR HIM :old :thumbsup

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi,

Yeah I meant 'old' as being one of the old ones from the old BYC, the new Backyardchickens.com I find is far to busy for me to get involved in any posting. I still go to the old BYC where it is quieter. I do like the Backyard chat though.

I am thrilled to have found this site. I am more of a gardener than I am a chicken-master.

As for the coffee table, I thought I had some construction pictures of that but I could not find any. The frame is quite heavy, it is made from 2x2 angle iron. I suspect it is an old relic from some welding shop. It was sitting here on the property when i moved in. I layed 1x6 planks across the top and secured them together crossways on the bottom. Then I used a small 3/4 hole saw and cut out the four corners of the planter opening. I then used a skill-saw to cut out the opening on the top. I built the appropriate box with angle hinges to attach the box underneath the table. Then I sealed the inside of the box with polyurethane coating.

Sadly this winter the box broke a few of its connections and was dangling underneath, and the top was warping so I took it apart. My intention is to rebuild it because I love having it as a planter and a table. When I get that going I will be sure and post pictures.

As for Mesilla, yes Mesilla Park is the neighborhood just west of the Univerisity. The trees there are so ancient it is like stepping into a completely different world. Mesilla has some really interesting history; Billy the Kid was arrested and tried in Mesilla.

Take care for now, Huggs, Ron