New Garden Show On Netflix

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
old show called Ground Force was one we had a friend make tapes, but like you say much of it was hardscape and small backyard gardens and not actually digging in the dirt.

PAS has become more cooking and fiddling about. not much getting in the dirt. *snores*

don't watch much of tv these days. youtube a little here or there if something is interesting (searching for permaculture, agroforestry, land restoration, desertification, etc.)

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I remember when HGTV was mostly garden shows. Some good some not so good. This show is in england the host Monty is very famous there I guess kind of like Americas Martha
All of the very best started on educational TV. The victory garden and This Old House. TOH is still on in various forms.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Big Dreams small spaces is a English show about gardening. I watched a few shows, they seem to focus more on hardscape in garden then plants. Each show is about 2 gardens about to have major changes and the people that own them.
I am going to look for this.

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Two of my absolute favorites were "Gardener's Journal" and "The Victory Garden" but that was back in the day when there was anything worth watching on tv.

Granted The Gardener's Journal was mostly on the floral side, Victory Garden on the other hand was a lot more about veggies and such, it was a segment with Peter Seabrook at Wisley in the UK that featured the way I grow my raspberries to this day.

https://www.thespec.com/living-story/5814834-kathy-renwald-garden-shows-unearthed-by-hortustv/

The last year or so The Victory Garden was on the air, they changed to format, tried to modernize? I lost all interest in it and quit watching it.

Annette

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i love the old Victory Garden too. can't get into the newer show. my DH watches a lot of cooking shows but one i remember seeing was Jamie Oliver where he would show off his garden. i appreciate a chef who shows off his knowledge of gardening & where the food comes from.

Gordon Ramsey tried to do this on a show at one point to teach his kids where food came from & i couldn't stand it. can't stand listening to GR anyway. the guy is such a bully on every show i've seen him on.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Steve, I’ve tried watching that a couple of times but I find it doesn’t have much substance. I get bored watching.
Mary

Latest posts