New Grandbaby

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have always tried to encourage my kids that nothing is impossible, believe it and you can achieve it.
But, this is something I never expected!

My son and DIL welcomed their second child into the world on Friday. DIL wanted to wait a bit longer than they had with their first, before going to the hospital. She didn't know her baby's plan.

Scott brought their 2 1/2yo over to my house, a 20 minute round trip, and returned home to DIL saying, 'my water broke and we have to go NOW'! She went into the bathroom to change clothes and fell to the floor, instructing him to call 911 or he will be delivering a baby alone. Help arrived as the baby was crowning and one of the medics told Scott to move out the way. DIL said, he is not leaving, the room is small but he will be here when his baby is born. Scott said, 'it's okay, I've got this'. ........:eek:
(I'm thinking now, wow he must have really paid attention the first time. :D)

Sooo, he delivered his baby girl, with a few instructions on clamping and cutting the cord.
I am SO proud of him! Everyone is doing great ... Baby Addison Marie is beautiful and healthy and at home with a proud big brother. And I have already had hours of cuddle time! :love

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congratulations !!! Your son deserves a HOT TODDY ( alcoholic of course ) for his "help" in the delivery too. :thumbsup

Latest posts