New Grandbaby

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@ninnymary , I have dealt with some pretty scary situations, but I don't know how I would have handled that either. I'm sure he was relieved a bit when the medics showed up.

@bobm , I stand corrected and give mom the credit for the hardest part. ;) She is feeling quite guilty for waiting too long and possibly putting her own and the baby's life at risk. Her first labor and delivery was quite long, although without complications. This was quite a shock, and they do not recommend it. Saturday night he was 'calming his nerves' a bit..;)

Precious and proud moments ... :)

11091187_10105965644642250_49162004382913769_n.jpg

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Aww, precious little one! What an arrival! I have a friend who barely made it to the hospital and the baby arrived while her husband was parking the car. ;) Congratulations, she's beautiful!

Lavender2

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Aww, precious little one! What an arrival! I have a friend who barely made it to the hospital and the baby arrived while her husband was parking the car. ;) Congratulations, she's beautiful!

OMG, can you imagine... sad he had to miss the birth but I bet they were relieved to get there in time!
Dh doesn't like me to tell this ... hehe .. but I drove to the hospital with our first, he had 'accidently' been celebrating Christmas Eve a little too much. To this day, he feels horrible about that.

They figured, had they left for the hospital (40 minutes away), the baby would have been born in the truck ... on Interstate 35W..:eek:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Friends of mine had baby #3 in the hospital parking lot. Waited too long at home also. My 2 nephews were born quickly too. One just made it to delivery, the second in the elevator. I can still remember my SIL telling me when I was pregnant, "No, there was no real pain. I just remember one cramp." They called her the woman who did not mess up her hair giving birth.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a great story they will have to tell her about how she was born! Thank you for telling it to us here and congratulations on a new grandbaby! She's gorgeous, BTW. :love