New Here - Wandered over from BYC!

chickflick

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hi....I'm from BYC also!! This is gonna be fun.... once it gets warm enough to plant. Right now we've got more than a foot of snow on the ground. Don't think I'll be planting any time soon. I want spring!!! :dance

chickhamm

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hey there :)

I just wandered over also from BYC, i have gardened alot in the past, mainly container gardening due to the fact we lived in military housing. We now have 8 acres and im really looking forward to this spring and be able to get a good garden started. I want to be able to grow food for the family and also suppliment my chickens diet with lots of good stuffs. I live in GA right on the SC border, i believe i am zone 8 or 9. I am looking forward to picking alot of brains and sharing what little knowledge i have.

chickhamm
Theressa
Creatively Woven Baskets
GA

valmom

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Ha! Another BYC-er toddling over to see what people are growing. Since I can't do anything myself. I have packets of veggie seeds and peat pellets and the little plastic greenhouse, but it is still too early up here to even start anything in the house- I've done that before with not so good results. Nothing can go outside here until at least the end of May. June is safer.:rolleyes:

I want to see green!!

Ga Chicken Mom

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Another BYC migrant! North GA here, zone 7. We just moved 1 1/2 yrs ago to a new cabin so are just getting started in this clay soil. We have one raised bed which we had great luck with last summer. DH wil build 2 more beds soon. I've got a great compost heap going - my first one - and I,m really excited about it. I know home "grown" compost isn't such a big deal but I've always wanted to use my own and this is the first home where we've had the space and time. Planted strawberries, 2 fruit trees, blueberries, blackberries and raspberries last summer and then had a terrible time trying to keep everything alive due to the drought in Ga. Hope all survivied the winter. Glad to be on this forum and I know I'll learn lots.

Enjoying the N. Ga. mountains with DH, 4 Dobes, and 10 Chickies

Pinky

Sprout
Reaction score
Hi, I just wandered over from BYC also. I live in NH Zone 4/5a. We have had 11 feet of snow so far this winter and it's snowing again now! So it's still too early for me to start seeds. My dad was an organic gardener before most people had even heard of it, so I grew up gardening and composting. I now have 13 acres of mostly forest. I also have wild berries and grapes. So along with my veggies I harvest the berries and grapes for jelly and jams.

cknmom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Also from BYC! I have gardened since I was a child, even when living in apts. Spent many, many years on CA coast, always had a large garden. Now up in CA mts, My garden is getting closer to the top of the list. I am going crazy without a garden:barnie

I will be throwing several different types of vining plants
in the lower part of our small ranch. DH tossed a few overripe pumpkins down by the lower part of the creek last year. Can't wait to see if they will do anything this fall.

Monica

Buff Shallots

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm from BYC too. It makes sense, because my chicken coop and run is right next to the raised beds we garden in. We mostly raise veggies.

Tink

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I have come from the dark side too!! HA HA HA

I love BYC....my family thinks I am nuts. Hopefully this site will be as informational as BYC....Used to be from Southern CA.....now in South Carolina upstate....and happy to be here.....
tink

Latest posts