New Member Here

TwoCrows

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hello there everyone! My name is Leyla. I am brand new to TEG and I have been meaning to join for quite sometime! I can't wait to get started looking around here as I am big on gardening and growing flowers.

I found this site through BYC (Back Yard Chickens) where I am also a moderator.

I do have a question about a Lilac bush of mine that has some "issues". LOL So I will go start a thread in the proper forum for that.

My other interests are Walking, Reading, hanging out with the dog and my poultry! My chickens are a bunch of babies that need their nappies on their mommy every day! Ha!

Can't wait to get to know you all and enjoy all your flowers and gardens as well!

Have a lovely day everyone!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
welcome to TEG! sounds like you'll fit in nicely with the rest of us. quite a few of us were on BYC at some point in time.

i have spoiled chickens too that fight for a space on my lap. they're no longer allowed on my shoulders-too close to my eyes for comfort.

TwoCrows

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Thank you everyone!! Great to be here. I am already getting lots of help with all my plant issues.

And I have a LOT more questions that I will throw at you in the future! :p

Thanks again!!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Welcome from northeast Texas! Where are you? Do you grow a vegetable garden also? What kind of chickens do you have? And we like pictures!!

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
:welcome TwoCrows!! I have seen you over there at BYC. I don't think this section has as much rowdy going on as the other place ;)

TwoCrows

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
@baymule I am in New Mexico, high up in the mountains at 7,000 feet. Tough to garden up at this altitude, intense UV, and short growing season. So I have to choose wisely. I do have a greenhouse so I can extend my growing season. I keep Black Australorps and Plymouth Barred Rocks. All spoiled rotten! Plus a few Bobwhite Quail. I used to keep LOADS of quail for more than a decade, but I am letting them live their lives out now, passing naturally from old age. One guy in the quail section of BYC claims they are now old enough to vote. HA!

@moxies_chickienuggets LOL....Good to know! I need a quiet place I can hang out sometimes. I mean what better a place to rest from your hectic day than in your garden with your veggies and flowers! As long as the bees don't buzz too loudly, all is well! :)

@so lucky Been there, done that! You can channel your frustration into your hoe and get a LOT of work done and THEN take that much needed nap in the hammock. Or maybe just skip the hoe work and just take that nap! ;)

Latest posts