New member.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am in Rosebud Texas. I am getting ready to plant some saved seed from a "store bought' campari tomato. I am also looking for some Rosada tomato seeds. I prefer heirloom vegetables but also grow hybrid varieties.
Welcome to The Easy Garden Tomato Rancher. I garden in south western British Columbia, and like you I have also sowed a few seeds that I saved from grocery store tomatoes this year. In particular there was a very tiny red grape tomato that I found intriguing; it's origins were in Mexico, but I don't know the variety. I also have another grape tomato that volunteered last year, and I will try to grow it out again this summer. I am not familiar with Rosada; hopefully you will be able to locate a seed source.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
if you can't find them locally look up Tomato Jim Wyatt on facebook. he's got a lot of them and perhaps may have specific varieties or close enough ones.

welcome to TEG! :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Howdy neighbor! I’m a couple hours east of you, between Crockett and Lufkin, in the Piney Woods. I just moved almost a year ago, raise Katahdin hair sheep and my garden this year will be small, in cattle syrup lick tubs. LOL. Got to clear old fence rows, takedown fence and put up new fence.

My favorite tomato is Cherokee Purple. It’s great for fresh eating or canning. The vines grow tall and need support. I used cow panels about a foot off the ground. I hope you find the varieties you are looking for!

Latest posts