new shoes

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yes... but oddly enough, SIL was reluctant to do so. Had I been in his situation, I would have carried it much further than just a BBB complaint... I would have taken the tire dealer to court, and filed a risk-of-life complaint with the state's Consumer Protection. At the very least, that manager should have been fired.
I agree!

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
one reason why i don't want to ever go back to the dealership again if i ever can help it is that they turned a simple replacement of the airbag igniter into a six hour episode which included a flushing of the brake fluids (which we didn't request) and in the process they cross threaded and screwed up a lug nut and then wanted us to pay for it. when asked how much that would cost it was $11, but then they rang it up as $25.

a few days later their manager called as a check on the quality and i was still so mad i hung up on him (mainly because i didn't want him to hear how hard i was laughing).

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
one reason why i don't want to ever go back to the dealership again if i ever can help it is that they turned a simple replacement of the airbag igniter into a six hour episode which included a flushing of the brake fluids (which we didn't request) and in the process they cross threaded and screwed up a lug nut and then wanted us to pay for it. when asked how much that would cost it was $11, but then they rang it up as $25.

a few days later their manager called as a check on the quality and i was still so mad i hung up on him (mainly because i didn't want him to hear how hard i was laughing).
You've just cited the reason I will NEVER go to a dealer for service. Countless friends & relatives have related negative dealership experiences to me over the years, including my adult children. The overall consensus has been that to dealerships, there is no such thing as a simple repair - only opportunities to find/create reasons for even more repair. Granted, that attitude is not uncommon in some independent repair shops as well... but dealerships are better at it, especially when they can use the car warranty to twist your arm.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
You've just cited the reason I will NEVER go to a dealer for service. Countless friends & relatives have related negative dealership experiences to me over the years, including my adult children. The overall consensus has been that to dealerships, there is no such thing as a simple repair - only opportunities to find/create reasons for even more repair. Granted, that attitude is not uncommon in some independent repair shops as well... but dealerships are better at it, especially when they can use the car warranty to twist your arm.

i'm really hoping the new mechanic works out ok, we have to get the oil changed on the car but he was full up when i stopped in as i was in town so it didn't get done yet. the fast oil change place Mom normally uses has also had spotty quality and so if he will do it and do a decent job then we'll give him the business instead. i'm tired of the mess. *sigh* ok, well anyways.... :)

Latest posts