New to forum

Bacon

Garden lurker
Reaction score
I am Susie from Iowa. We’ve had a vegetable garden for years. This year it is outstanding! Have brought in 62 zucchini so far- combo of green and yellow. My husband will be making chocolate wave zucchini bread and regular z bread with cinnamon chips.
We’ll also freeze some. Plan to try some jam this year. Made strawberry rhubarb and blueberry rhubarb so far.

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am Susie from Iowa. We’ve had a vegetable garden for years. This year it is outstanding! Have brought in 62 zucchini so far- combo of green and yellow. My husband will be making chocolate wave zucchini bread and regular z bread with cinnamon chips.
We’ll also freeze some. Plan to try some jam this year. Made strawberry rhubarb and blueberry rhubarb so far.
Welcome to the forum from the Pacific Northwest!

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from the Pacific Northwest!
Those jams sound really delicious and so creative! The most unusual jam I ever made was salal jam. If you remove the tiny stems, add some sugar, and simmer slowly for about 30 minutes in a sauce pan, you will have a wonderful jam that tastes just like blackberry jam without the seeds. Salal harvesting time is coming up in mid August. I'm thinking of making salal mead this summer and of course the jam again!

Latest posts