New to this Group and Gardening

ladybead

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Llano, Ca Southern California Zone 8 / 8b
Hi, My name is Rose Elliott, last year my husband built a greenhouse and had some success. We live in the foothills of the High Desert in Southern California on 10 acres. Our biggest problem is the bunnies and the birdies like to eat anything we put in the ground. So my husband put up scaffolding so we start our garden in the greenhouse then move it to the scaffolding. Looking forward to an even more successful year this year!
Rose

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi Rose Elliott welcome to TEG. You've picked a great site. Everyone is so nice and friendly here. Tell us more about your garden. What do you grow? I have an aunt who lives in Hesperia on 10 acres. Do you live close to there?

Mary

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Howdy, @ladybead! I am happy to make your acquaintance here on the best gardening site possible. It sounds as if you've found one secret to keeping what's yours in the garden. Thank you. We are always looking for new ideas to put to use in our gardens.

Welcome to TEG, Rose! Good to have you growing with us!

ladybead

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thank you for welcoming me. Last year we grew squash, tomatoes, bok choi, some flowers, hot peppers, pickling cucumbers and some capers. We are starting earlier this year on Sunday actually we shall wait and see, not sure if we started the cantaloupe too early, but we figured to give it a try. I am actually about 10 miles south of Wrightwood and about 25 miles from Hesperia.

ladybead

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Thank you it is tricky in the high desert we have gotten snow in late April, just when all our trees are blooming. I believe we are in zone 8b

Welcome to TEG, Rose! Good to have you growing with us![/QUOTE]

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi! I was just watching some TV tidbit about how good capers is/are for you. Interesting that you can grow it in your garden. I'll have to check that out as a possibility.

Latest posts