New toy

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hubby bought himself a new toy...

8829_sam_0339.jpg

I can't wait until I can learn to drive it! Does this mean we're farmers now, instead of just gardeners?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
He must have attachments.

Plow, disc, scraper blade . . . doesn't matter much what attachment is on it - at all times. And better yet, a roll bar.

He will look better traveling around the farm and be a lot safer, too.

Steve

Teka

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Tractor was the toy I'd been begging for for years! It makes life so much easier! Ours has a bucket for the front, so moving everything is so much easier. Used it to place an antique sink on brackets the other day,a job that would've been iffy -- the sink weighs a ton! The tractor made it easy. I encourage you to think tractor whenever you have a job to do. Pullling up unwanted growth? Moving heavy objects? Cleaning debris? Planting bulbs -- the tractor will help!

No point of it if it sits in the shed!

Congrats -- your life just got easier!

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yes, attachments are absolutely necessary. We'll be getting the shredder tomorrow, which is good, because we really need to mow. Hubby is already searching craigslist for others. We really need a bucket too, so we can dig ourselves a duck pond. Oh, and a blade so I can just scrape the poison oak right off the ground!! I'm as excited as he is!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
That sure is "purdy"! I love vintage things for the garden.

I think I'll referr to you as farmers when you get your cow. :) I can't wait for that cow! ;)

Mary

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know how we ever survived without our tractor! A great tool, but very dangerous... I agree with Steve's suggestion for a roll bar. Better safe than sorry. A local hospital actually had a fund for them- we paid for the roll bar, and the fund reimbursed us. They started it because of the awful injuries they were seeing from tractor roll overs. You will love having it- your project list will be long! Enjoy!

Latest posts