New tree to plant

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Catjac, thanks for lifting the gardener in Nyboy up and bringing me down.

Actually, the large old weeping cherry I have is in a far less sheltered spot than this new one is going. 'Sides, I haven't spent any money on this one so, nothing ventured, nothing gained (or lost).
Didn't mean to bring you down, Red. And I am not sure what I said brought you down. I thin of you as one of the best gardeners on this sight.
One of the biggest garden suppliers around here is White Flower Farm from Connecticut. The have the most glorious catalog. I have also been to their store. Very little that I have bought from them has survived. Expensive and tiny plants.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
A bit of teasing, Cat, nothing more than that. You explained why trees die, rather implying the cherry is a bad choice for Nyboy's zone. My growing zone is a bit colder than Nyboy's.

Not really brought down by your suggestion this tree won't make it. It was an extremely thoughtful gift from someone's family that I hardly know. That they thought so much of Clayton and Rob is a heartfelt surprise I totally hadn't expected.

For that reason, I will do what I can to plant and care for this memorial in the garden we made for just that purpose, knowing that every time I pass the tree it will bring renewed pleasure at such thoughtfulness.

Latest posts