New Weed Control (hopefully)

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Just brought these cuties home today. I hope they eat everything but my garden. I fear they will eat everything, especially my garden.

6992_goats4.jpg

schmije

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Congrats! Are these your first goats? We've talked about getting them for several years, but we haven't taken the plunge. We have a several acres of woods that could really use some clean up by a couple of goats.

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yes, first time goat owner here. Friends had to downsize due to family issues. I've been mulling them over for years but hadn't committed. The prospect of two cute free goats did it.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
SuperChemicalGirl said:
Just brought these cuties home today. I hope they eat everything but my garden. I fear they will eat everything, especially my garden.

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/6992_goats4.jpg
Oh! So cute! I love goaties, and I believe you're right on both counts Super!
But it looks like you have a nice sturdy pen for them.
The pen was an excellent idea from BF, they're 8 foot panels, 4 feet tall and moveable. We want the goats to clear our land. So moveable is key. We've only built 6 so far, but have the materials for a few more. I think we may try free ranging the goats once they get comfortable with the idea that this is their new home. Free ranging, totally supervised, of course. As it is, free ranging chickens eat my garden.

6992_fence2.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh how wonderful!! I will be anxious to hear progress reports as you go along. Are you planning on milking? They are too cute!

The Mama Chicken

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
My goats would laugh at me if I tried to keep them in that pen. They just love to escape. A 6 foot chain link fence keeps them in...most of the time. As for eating everything but the garden, good luck, mine could be surrounded by alfalfa and corn and they wold still rather eat my plants. They especially love green tomatoes and basil, go figure.

SuperChemicalGirl

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Well free goats are like a free dog... you still have to buy all the stuff to go with them! But yes, saved us a couple hundred in start up fees, at least.

They're still alive this morning, so I haven't killed them yet in the 18 hours I've owned them.

I did swap their hay out this morning, it wasn't quite crispy because it's been so humid and rainy. Didn't want to take a chance. The chickens will love it, at least. Expensive chicken toy, but I do love my girls.

Latest posts