New Weed Control (hopefully)

strantor

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I had some goats growing up. They are the most aggravating animals ever. They are smart, yet simultaneously stupid. They will find a way to ruin anything. They will climb on your car with their hooves, and will eat a pack of cigarettes whole. Aggravating, but lovable. they are untrainable and will NOT give any quarter to ultimatums. They won't even meet you in the middle.

ShowMe31

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I love my goats, but I have to agree on the smart/stupid thing. They are definitely a hot mess of a pet. What you think of as a weed, they think disgusting. Your expensive landscaping.....oh so yummy. That being said I wouldn't give them up for anything. My DH says I truly love aggrevation. I was using ours to clean the underbrush from the small section of woods by the house. I kept them in for a long time with hot wire, then they learned to jump it. So this year we didn't run the new wires, just kept them contained and feed them hay and cut the brush and tossed i the pen for a while. Next spring I'll rerun the wire, adding a few more strands to the top, if I'm able to keep them. Now that the drought has pretty much killed our landscaping I let them loose during the day.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't think they're untrainable at all. When I was in H.S. my wether "Reuben" would heel on my left as well as any dog.
My friend would walk her brindle great dane and I would walk Rueb, and we would go into town and get an ice cream.

You just have to be prepared for them and think two steps ahead. Nothing more fun than a couple of kids!

Latest posts