new yorker tomato

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy thank you, no, i'm good, all starts come from local greenhouse and i'm sending things out instead of collecting more plants indoors. in about a month hope to be sending some amaryllis to TX for bay and ducks. mine are just now blooming at last. holding the rest in dormancy and waiting for warmer days to send. don't want to risk them freezing in some UPS truck... my babies! :)
I have some amaryllis bulbs that are descendants of bulbs I was given by a 80 year old neighbor lady when I was a young teenager. I treasure then and have dug them up many times and moved with some of them over my lifetime. They are old style, not the showy big blooms that are popular now, but I love them just the same.

IMG_0587.JPG

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
They have buds on them now. They are so easy care, just stick them in the ground, water now and them and they do the rest. I also love iris. One of these days when I have the flower beds that I want, I also want an iris bed.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
They have buds on them now. They are so easy care, just stick them in the ground, water now and them and they do the rest. I also love iris. One of these days when I have the flower beds that I want, I also want an iris bed.

I can send you a Peterbilt full of iris. One of my clients has about 100' feet of them that need dividing every 3 years and there are tons to rehome. I don't understand why my friends run when they see me coming with iris sticking out of the top of bags...

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
I can send you a Peterbilt full of iris. One of my clients has about 100' feet of them that need dividing every 3 years and there are tons to rehome. I don't understand why my friends run when they see me coming with iris sticking out of the top of bags...

same here if she lived closer she could have all the irises and other flowers she wanted if she'd come and dig 'em up. :)

same for anyone else on TEG who would care to have some. we have clumps of irises which just keep growing over each other and making their own soil. once in a while the iris borers take most of them out and then they come back from the few bits that remain.

thousands of daffodils. tulips. etc.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kinda like zucchini? :lol: I'll take that Peterbuilt, drive it on down! I'll give you a good bed to sleep in, feed you good and show you the sights of East Texas, pine trees, pine trees, pine trees, more pine trees....... :)

Latest posts