1. Dismiss Notice
  2. 2017 BYC Calendar SUPER SALE!
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official TEG Poll: What is your garden style?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. TEG Featured Thread: An orchid named Alex
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice
  5. TEG Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

new!!

Discussion in 'About Me & My Garden' started by Aryn and Kim Page, May 12, 2017.

1. May 16, 2017
    Nyboy

Nyboy Garden Master

yes a member but don't have chickens anymore, so don't post there. A word of warning raccoons have the strength of a little bear, and will kill every bird they can.

2. May 16, 2017
    catjac1975

catjac1975 Garden Master

They will eat everything. I let my chickens in the garden in the fall when the garden is finished. They are in there all winter until the first plants are put out. I am an organic gardener and rarely have to use any organic sprays to help my plants. I attribute it to my chickens eating the larvae of pests.

Nyboy likes this.
  3. May 16, 2017
    moxies_chickienuggets

moxies_chickienuggets Deeply Rooted

Welcome! I would suggest a compost pile.....and most anything you toss from the garden can go to the chickens first. I only put tea bags, potato and onion stuff, in the compost. And ALL of the coop mess off of the coop floor.