No Internet Rant

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Trees and topography! That's why we don't get cell phone service. Isn't it a shame that, in big cities they nearly give high speed connectivity away and out here in the boonies we have to be part of the 1% to get anything fast or slow? My son's internet costs him $10 a month and the grands are constantly bemoaning the fact that mine is so slow to play on when they are here.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just came back from a short vacation and spent days with NO cell phone or internet service. YIKES< I feel you pain better now!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sounds like dial up would be better...still slow but better. I had dial up for many years until I moved here and got DSL. DSL here is very fast, cheap and never goes down as the phone lines are buried.

Doing without the internet, for me, is much like not watching soap operas for many, many years. You can sit down and watch one show after all those years and realize you didn't miss a thing! Marlena is still getting kidnapped by that one old dude and having kids by him but stays in love with Roman... and still getting amnesia over it all...over and over and over. :gig Same with the internet...the Kardashians are still doing what they always do, making fools of themselves, and folks on the forums are still doing what they always do and FB looks the same..memes and such. I could do without it from now on and not really miss much except getting to talk to a few of the folks on my own forum.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here, you have to be within 3 miles of a station. Otherwise DSL no better than dial up.

Latest posts