Noob compost brag.

Ben E Lou

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Seriously, @bobm, it's so annoying. Our next-door neighbors on both sides have indicated they wouldn't say a word, and one of them would have their own chickens if allowed...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, @RUNuts bribes his neighbors with eggs and so far, has got away with having his hens.

The city of Houston, Texas finally allowed hens in a campaign called Hens For Houston. Citizens petitioned the city and finally won the right to keep hens. @Nyboy is right, try to change the rules, hens only and a limit on how many.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seriously, @bobm, it's so annoying. Our next-door neighbors on both sides have indicated they wouldn't say a word, and one of them would have their own chickens if allowed...
Would you get fined if you had them or just told to get rid of them? How often do they check properties if at all? I'd say go for it and if you get caught, you get caught.

Mary

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah, @RUNuts bribes his neighbors with eggs and so far, has got away with having his hens.

The city of Houston, Texas finally allowed hens in a campaign called Hens For Houston. Citizens petitioned the city and finally won the right to keep hens. @Nyboy is right, try to change the rules, hens only and a limit on how many.

ahem, ground parrots...

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is my first time composting. I've been doing hot piles because there are a lot of weed seeds in the green matter from my yard. We got hit with 13 inches of snow this week, but my piles are still gettin' it done!

(Yeah, I'm a little too excited about this. #GrownManScienceProject)
This is my first time composting. I've been doing hot piles because there are a lot of weed seeds in the green matter from my yard. We got hit with 13 inches of snow this week, but my piles are still gettin' it done!

(Yeah, I'm a little too excited about this. #GrownManScienceProject)
If you are too excited about it you are talking to the right people.