Northern gardens

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Interesting perspective, as I consider it a small garden. I grew up helping on a garden about 5X that large.

YourRabbitGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Interesting perspective, as I consider it a small garden. I grew up helping on a garden about 5X that large.
well. a small garden will do. but im planning something more. a coop, some goats, and a pig farm along with the garden, thats why.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
well. a small garden will do. but im planning something more. a coop, some goats, and a pig farm along with the garden, thats why.
No problem with me as I am more than happy to allow others to raise goats, hogs, chickens and I’ll pay whatever it is. I have the acreage, just not the desire.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
50 degrees in AM, 60’s in afternoon with rain on way. Garden too wet to till. Needed leaves, crop residue, little straw worked into soil so worms can get it without birds getting them so...... (my garden is gravel/sand so do NOT recommend this to anyone especially if you have any clay in your soil)

B4A161FC-BE64-40EA-900D-D5608C692F70.jpeg

Oh yes, it started to rain as I finished up the part of the garden you can’t see.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
getting some things started. the soil is still pretty wet, very heavy to do much deep digging. i'm only doing that to bury chunks of wood that are rotting that i don't need for anything else. one more round (Friday if plans go right) and i'll be done with this pile and than can move on to getting the rest of that garden back into shape so it will be ready for planting.

divided up the green onions and replanted them and scraped part of a large garden and weeded it some and admired the flowers in between bouts of everything else.

2-3hrs was enough for me. ached last night, but in a good way. felt so good to be outside and getting something done for a change.

no rain in the forecast until Friday evening and through the weekend.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Peas are breaking ground. Planted more peas I missing gaps. Also planted spinach, beets,& sweet corn. Also put 7 cabbage plants out. Very small but they will either live or die. If they die, have others to replace them with.

Latest posts