Northern gardens

MinnesotaGardening

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Not good at all! I think we had opposite weather issues last year. Didn't you guys have a drought down there? I had the wettest year on record here, and would have been happy to send some rain and clouds your way. I'm really hoping this year is back to normal. We didn't get enough sunlight for a single eggplant or okra to get to maturity the whole summer.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not good at all! I think we had opposite weather issues last year. Didn't you guys have a drought down there? I had the wettest year on record here, and would have been happy to send some rain and clouds your way. I'm really hoping this year is back to normal. We didn't get enough sunlight for a single eggplant or okra to get to maturity the whole summer.
Ditto, although I apparently had better luck with eggplant & okra. The last several years have been too wet, we had record-setting precipitation two years in a row! :thReally hoping for a better start this year, especially since there is little else I can do to occupy my time under present circumstances.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i've been taking out my worry energy on destroying old pallets. :) it's helping. when i come back inside seeing those piles get smaller and having done some work outside i sure feel a lot better.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
i've been taking out my worry energy on destroying old pallets. :) it's helping. when i come back inside seeing those piles get smaller and having done some work outside i sure feel a lot better.
With all that built-up worry energy, I'm visualizing splinters flying everywhere... :lol::lol::lol:
That's actually not a bad idea. I've got a lot of wood to split, it might be therapeutic to skip using the splitter & do a little each day the old fashioned way.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
With all that built-up worry energy, I'm visualizing splinters flying everywhere... :lol::lol::lol:
That's actually not a bad idea. I've got a lot of wood to split, it might be therapeutic to skip using the splitter & do a little each day the old fashioned way.

be careful! out of practice and muscles that haven't been used like that for a long time. :)

but yeah, there was some stuff flying, safety glasses required. i made a lot of progress yesterday and hope to get more done today once it warms up.

i had to sharpen the saw blade as i could not find another here to use and that sure did help make things go faster. when you're sawing and getting more smoke than cutting you know it is a good sign to stop and get the file out again. today i think i'll touch it up more frequently as that does go a lot faster and it doesn't take too long to do.

Latest posts