Nose Ring At Work

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Very hard thats why I did not say something right away. He shows up 10 minutes before start time. I do have a relaxed dress code every one wears tee shirts with my logo or sweat shirt with my logo. If they have facial hair it must be kept trimmed. One of the younger guys here experiments with hair styles all the time, I have no problem with that. He has come in with half head shaved while other half long. I think its like some hair cuts we give the dogs.
I would have loved to see that hair cut. If the rich old ladies can put up with that I doubt the nose ring is less shocking.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
The fact that he removed it says volumes about his character. I'm sure you already know to treat him well. Tell him how much you appreciated him. Sometimes that means more than money. I have a parent who brings me goodies or soaps that she makes. Always with a handwritten note telling me how much she appreciates me. That means so much more than money. Yes, she's my favorite parent. ;)

Mary

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Feeling appreciated is almost magic, it's like putting the big 'S' on your chest and tying on the red cape! A person who is feels appreciated can accomplish amazing things!
th

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would have loved to see that hair cut. ...
... let her talk me in to getting my ear pierced and doing up my hair.. .look like some pirate Billy Idol ...

Yeah! I'd appreciate seeing Collector with that haircut! And, the superman tights ...

That's what we are talking about ... right?

digitS'

RUNuts

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
As a future curmudgeon, I must agree. Daughters were in High School not 2 short years ago. One of their friends had the horse shoe in the nose. She flipped it up during school. I don't like things on my nose, I couldn't imagine having something installed inside. My eyes water thinking about it.

I'm surprise he removed it. Fresh mutilations take time to heal and will readily close up without the place holder present. Learned a lot when the girls got their ears done. More times than I liked, but Crazy Lady approved. Even the one who faints with needles. LOL.

Was at grocery store and chicky-babe must have just gotten her lip mutilated. She picked at it the whole time I was in front of her making sure she didn't touch my FOOD. Scanned the whole order left handed. Looked like it was getting infected too.

I've got mixed emotions. I don't like being told what to do. But I appreciate it when people tell me I'm being stupid. The work place is paying you. Follow it's rules, make the impression the work place wants and make your boss happy, if you value the job.

Interesting comments. You have the right to do what you want and look that way. I have the right to ask you to leave and not associate with you. Please forgive me if I point and laugh. Or not.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Seedcorn, I always question myself when I start agreeing with you, but oops, it happened again. I agree, especially if the guy didn't have the nose ring when he got the job. He represents your business, Nyboy. There is a grocery store here that hires quite a few young people. I see girls, particularly, wearing a bandaid above their eyebrow, I suppose to cover the hole in their head while at work. That works for me.
I don't know if anyone but me has noticed, but Gayle King, on the CBS morning news show, has a large tat on her upper arm. She wears makeup on it at work, to cover it up. I can't remember what the occasion was that she had it uncovered.....not a work event. But it was right there on the TV, as they say.
Now, as far as the low cut tops women wear, then get huffy if someone looks: I have no idea what is going through their minds. All I know is when I try to buy a new top, I have to look really hard to find one that has a suitably modest neckline. And one that is not see-through. Or so very thin that it looks like a paint coating. Ugh, don't get me started.

It gets so old looking for clothes that have all the parts, neckline, sleeves, cotton, without silly words or pictures.

Latest posts