Not a blue sky, but it will do!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here's some pics of my daughter's new parakeets, Sky and Snow. A friend at church gave them to us for free. Their parakeets had 4 babies, then the day he brought me these they laid 6 more eggs! They are so blue and so pretty! It really cheers me up to look at them on these cold, dreary days. If you cluck your tongue at them softly, they will talk to you. We put them on the kitchen table while we do school so we can watch and enjoy them. :)

IMGP5804b_web.jpg

IMGP5829b_web.jpg

IMGP5826b_web.jpg

Last edited:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks! :) I could stare them for hours. It's been a long time since I've had parakeets!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Me, too! I hope you continue to enjoy them, Journey.

I had parakeets when I was a single dad and still after the 2nd kid came along.

I'm not sure if I can advise this for your household but she & then "they" had a tree - just about as far from an outside door as possible. Their cage hung in the tree and I'd let them out every day. They had very little interest in going elsewhere in the house. Whether someone was home or not, they were in their tree. We enjoyed having them!

Steve

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That's a good idea, Steve. I was thinking they needed somewhere to land and perch when we let them out. We had them out the other day and they just kept circling the room and bumping into the wall, like they didn't want to land on some of the things I thought they would.

I need to hang them from the ceiling too, to keep the cats at bay. :p

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice, Journey! They're so pretty. My boys had 'keets too. They were fun, but the kids never were able to teach them to talk.

My goodness, look how much Ava has grown! :)

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
A lady at Walmart told me that they can talk, but I wasn't sure since I'd never heard that. That will be something to keep Ava busy while she's cooped up this winter. :p

Latest posts