Not a single green pepper this year!

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Okay people!!!

You heard that -- Lighthawk was looking forward to a sweet pepper & peanut butter sandwich!

Now. Do we have anyone reconsidering trying a tomato/peanut butter sandwich?

And, what about peanut butter on raisin bread with bacon? Oh sure, you'd probably go for that! But, just try to pair it with salad vegetables!

Steve

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
We had a great bell pepper year. The plants still look wonderful in the garden next to the carrots. Just picked some this weekend, have more on the plants and more flowers. And about 3 pounds cut up in the freezer. They were a winner for us this year.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Okay people!!!

You heard that -- Lighthawk was looking forward to a sweet pepper & peanut butter sandwich!

And, what about peanut butter on raisin bread with bacon? Oh sure, you'd probably go for that! But, just try to pair it with salad vegetables!

Steve
Give it up Steve. Been there, done that, not again.

lighthawk

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
seedcorn said:
digitS' said:
Okay people!!!

Steve
Oh C'mon it can't be that bad... Heck I'm willing to try anything twice just in case I did it wrong the first time. :D

ETA Peanut butter with sweet peppers AND bacon MMMMMMMMMMMMMM....... :thumbsup

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
lighthawk said:
seedcorn said:
digitS' said:
Okay people!!!

Steve
Oh C'mon it can't be that bad... Heck I'm willing to try anything twice just in case I did it wrong the first time. :D

ETA Peanut butter with sweet peppers AND bacon MMMMMMMMMMMMMM....... :thumbsup
Key ingredient is BACON. Love PB or tomato sandwiches, just not together. Not horrible just not good. With your sandwiche need to add tomato and lettuce then you have complete. :lol: Tell you what, you eat 2 PB/Tomato sandwiches and get back to me.

C what problems you've started Steve. :)

GardenWeasel

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Really bad bell pepper year here too, in western TN. Not one bell but they are starting, in Oct., to fruit. Fingers crossed for a late frost. The hot peppers that survived did ok. Really sad I had to pay $5 for 4 red bell peppers sprayed with pesticides and crap but cannot make chili or spanish rice without them. To me the store peppers look and taste much different than I remember them. Next year I will grow some nonbell sweets as well as a few bells.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Get those sheets out, gardenweasel! I am sure you can buy enough time for a few peppers, at least! I agree with you on the taste of grocery vs. garden. I really wasn't expecting too much of a difference- boy was I wrong! Here's hoping for a late frost!

cityfarmer

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I thought it was going to be a bad pepper year but my jalepenos, salsa, big chilis, and giant marconie's all did better than expected. Bells didn't do so great.

Dave2000

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I had strange results from a couple red bell plants this year. They kept blooming in tight bundles w/o enough room for the peppers to grow, plus almost all of the fruit had inverted bottoms with only ~1/5th as many seeds as usual, and they tasted more like apples than peppers.