not a way to end a week

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
So sorry @majorcatfish!!!
As others have said, it's terrible to feel helpless when someone you care about is suffering (no matter what the cause of that suffering). Just having a good friend that she can rely on will be a comfort to her.

(if that 'go fund me' site gets going, will you give us a link?)

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
heres a quick update.
her started chemo monday with all the other drugs she on veggies are out, she needs to pack on the pounds to counteract them. the hospital still only gives her 6-12 months. they have applied for every possible assistance out there... her daughter is working on the go fund me so as soon i know, you will know.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Major, I know she will get all sorts of "helpful suggestions" during treatment, but here's one more anyway. Lots of people find they can tolerate goat's milk during chemo, and it helps them keep their weight up, and food down. Raw goat's milk.

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Go to the web and look up fat bombs. There are dozens of variety and as she gets into her chemo, some will make her retch just thinking about the ingred and some will sound tasty to her.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
My sister went through chemo and came out heavier.
She said who gains weight on chemo? :confused:
That's been her lot in life, she can just smell food and put weight on.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
just got word from my neighbors daughter she is in icu as of last night all her organs have shut down and is only to be here on this plain of life sometime for the next 24 hrs. the cancer was so wide spread though her body the chemo never had a chance to help her. she will missed