Not receiving Alerts

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Howdy guys,

I've not been receiving any alerts for the past 4 or 5 days. I've checked. Messages have definitely been posted in threads, lots of them, that I should be getting alerts in my email about, but have received none of them. In fact nothing at all has been coming from TEG to my email, which is my name at Yahoo.com.

I've even been checking my spam folder to see if maybe I accidentally pressed a wrong button, and no, none there either.

I checked my alert preferences here, and all buttons are checked just as they always have been.

Is it possible for my satellite server company to have firewall blocked incoming emails, or somehow intercepting them? (I'm just an ole neanderthal up in the woods and that sort of thing occurs to my mind which I set aside as overly unusual and not likely. A similar kind of thought that naturally happens if something is actually simply misplaced but after awhile one starts wondering if somebody is hiding it. Why might a satellite server company want to intercept emails? Lol!)

Balky and clunky, probably satellite internet server problems, are one of the main reasons I've been quieter here lately. But just checking to see if there is maybe some setting here at TEG at either the way I've made my settings or to see if there is maybe something about the combination of my settings that is making the problem.

Meantime I'll check with Exede Satellite internet to see if they've got some kind of firewall setting that is not appropriately done.

This is happening on both my laptops. The little Acer Chromebook, and my old Toshiba that has been repaired with a new harddrive using IE on windows7 on it, and as right now, its google browser.

Thanks Nifty. Sorry about having problems like this. I'm trying to be good.

Ah, while typing this it began a nice light rain! :)

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, are you on any other forums that you can compare the operation to? Sounds odd to me, but then lots of things do.
Mean time, you will just have to entertain yourself by going through all the new posts. We haven't heard much from you lately; busy time for you, eh?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall, I assume when you get on TEG you see your alerts, right? They just aren't showing on your Yahoo account?

What you need to do then is come here first, check for alerts, and then we'll suck you into all the other discussion!:D

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Never, ever would I do the email thing anymore! I never did that on TEG from the start but I still get people posting to other forums, stuff from 2007 and before. It's okay but just imagine if I was getting email alerts from all that time, everywhere!!

No, I do what @thistlebloom suggests . . . :)

Here is an idea: We have the house phone thru the cable. The "deal" is for unlimited long-distance. Virtually everyone in DW's family is long-distance. She gets on conference calls with people!

Oh well, "you aren't using the service characteristic of a residence," Comcast tells us. I guess it is the old "reserve the right to refuse service" argument. Sure we could complain - they said "unlimited!" No, best to just keep track of the "whens" - got the person who called with the corporate complaint to give us some idea. Weekends are free time (100%) - until they decide otherwise. Now, would I expect Comcast to do the same sort of thing with any of their services? Of Course!

This is why there are class-action lawsuits and why I get a check in the mail every year or so from some law office I've never heard of for $10 or $15! Thank you. Please keep slapping the corporations around, US Courts! Please!

Steve

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshal, I think that the only E-mail alerts that I get from TEG are for conversations (PMs). Otherwise, I just see the red alert symbol on the home page when I show up. I do have most of the alerts turned off since I read every new message anyway -- I just click NEW POSTS each time I stop by.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshal, I think that the only E-mail alerts that I get from TEG are for conversations (PMs). Otherwise, I just see the red alert symbol on the home page when I show up. I do have most of the alerts turned off since I read every new message anyway -- I just click NEW POSTS each time I stop by.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, I am getting the alerts here.

Actually, a minute ago I switched over to the IE from the google because I was looking at my server company Exede's website about firewall settings they may have and it said they will only appear on IE.

Doing THAT, yes, I received the email alert! For some reason it showed in my yahoo email when I switched to IE!

Now this is indeed strange. I am thinking my problem might be one to send to Microsoft and google! Because it may be some REALLY NEW and insidious kind of bug.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is weird. I always just check mine on the top corner when I log in, otherwise I get emails about PMs. I've had weird problems like that with one browser not displaying things the same as another. Could be it.

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Great discussion everyone!

Marshall, sorry to hear you've been having problems. Good job with the various troubleshooting you did! I don't see anything that would be a red flag that might be causing problems and it doesn't seem to be happening to all members (which I'd expect if it was a server problem, etc.)

I'll keep looking. In the meantime if others are having problems getting emails, let me know by replying with as many details as possible, like:
  1. When did you last get an email from TEG?
  2. Did you check your spam folders / filters?
  3. Did you add "support @ theeasygarden .com" (remove spaces) to your email address book?

Latest posts