Note to Self, plant pepper seeds later..

Growin-Stuff

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I planted these seed 8 weeks ago and I think I should have waited just a bit longer before planting the seeds. lol
I had to transplant these peppers into 1/2-gallon pots today. They're showing good growth, filling out nicely and I counted around 20 buds on this one pepper. the other peppers have at least as many buds.

unnamed.jpgunnamed (1).jpgunnamed (2).jpgunnamed (3).jpgunnamed (4).jpg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I disagree! They are SURVIVORS!!
I planted (late) sweet peppers from seed in 2021.
Somehow 17 of them ended up surviving in a smallish rectangular container that lived in the shade until I brought them inside.
I Think 3 of them survived both the over wintering and transplanting and produced for me.
They were ALL terribly potbound and THEY DIDN'T CARE!!
Just keep a deep dish underneath and keep them watered until they can go out and play in your garden.

Branching Out

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I planted these seed 8 weeks ago and I think I should have waited just a bit longer before planting the seeds. lol
I had to transplant these peppers into 1/2-gallon pots today. They're showing good growth, filling out nicely and I counted around 20 buds on this one pepper. the other peppers have at least as many buds.

View attachment 57136View attachment 57137View attachment 57138View attachment 57139View attachment 57140
Beautiful shots of the pepper roots and foliage Growin-Stuff. What is the variety? I have some big Stocky Red Roasters and Red Hot Cherry peppers in desperate need of bumping up. It is difficult to keep on top of things at this time of the year.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
bell peppers/ eggplant are the first to start at least 8 weeks before ldf then mators/ melons/ cucumbers 4 weeks.
weather permitting cold germination radishes lettuce green mix bok chio..etc

those are some really nice looking peppers by the way.

Latest posts