Now I've done it!

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have turned another person into a chicken farmer. :lol::lol:
But I'm afraid my EX- son in law might want to hunt me down by now. His (new) wife decided to get chickens yesterday.... but she went a step further than me and bought a goat. :hide

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
That is really stepping out. Hope she enjoys caring for animals. Personally I would have gotten chickens first and then after a few months the goat.

Mary

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ruh roh. Hide Dew!!!...Hide!!! :hide

How are your chickens doing by the way...Dew? And did you send her to BYC...

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I adore goats, and the way they start yelling "MA! MA!!" and come running everytime they catch site of you means that I could never raise them for meat... I'd love to have a dairy goat but I know that I'd quickly tire of the milking schedule.
Going to stick with my chickens for now. They're pretty much self-sufficient (as long as I keep the giant feeder and waterer filled - LOL)
He'll be fine with the chickens, expecially after he starts getting those eggs...
The first time he has to hold the goat down so she can worm it though........

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I first bought the country house it was empty for over 10 years. The yard was overgrown, my aunt said to me you need a goat. I thought crazy old Italian lady,years later started reading how goats love eating brush and weeds. People where even renting out their herds for land controll. She wasn't crazy after all.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ruh roh. Hide Dew!!!...Hide!!! :hide

How are your chickens doing by the way...Dew? And did you send her to BYC...

I know moxies_chickenuggets! People think it's strange that I have a very civil relationship with my ex son in law, but he has custody of my grand daughter! His wife is a really sweet person. I have no animosity toward either one of them. Shoot she has told me they were thinking about moving up here to WV at one point! Now that would be some interesting conversation among friends.

I have not told her about BYC yet. I have been helping her with her questions.

My chickens look like crap, but at least they are healthy.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Nyboy he will be and he even calls me once in a while. My concern is the welfare of my grand daughter!

But I hope Matt isnt too up-set with me for his wife getting chickens and a goat. The goat was her idea... she can take the blame for that. :D The chickens I will take the blame for though

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Chickens are the gateway drug to hobby farming, LOL. I have two families coming over here in a couple of weeks to learn how to butcher chickens. I did tell one of them about BYC, but I don't know if he ever looked into it.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I told Melissa about BYC a little while ago, she was looking it up right then. She asked me why I got into "farming" I told her we have always had a garden, the chickens were just a dream of mine. As of right now I have almost 13 dozen eggs in the fridge! One phone call and they will be sold tomorrow morning

Latest posts