Now This Is A salad !!!

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
You like hard boiled eggs but not avocado? Very similar in taste to me.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mom's family moved to Laguna Beach, California when she was about 18. She thought "alligator pears" were wonderful.

Some people seem to think that guacamole is just mashed avocado and like it that way. S'okay, I guess. DW doesn't want it spicy ...

Not so long ago, I had a nice spicy, oniony, garlicky guacamole with artichoke hearts ... I was suspicious to the point of impatience .... (maybe they had ruined it!) ... .. then, I realized it was quite good!

Steve

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Nyboy that salad earns the drool worthy award. It was stinking hot here yesterday so I whipped up a shrimp and cucumber with red onion and feta cheese salad. Simply dressed with light olive oil and white wine vinegar and a few shakes of dried oregano. This is a pic from last year the only difference is it had sweet white onions instead of red, we had it with garlic toast, YUM!!!.
DSCN7024.JPG

I made a big bowlful and yes, we both went back for seconds. I finished the leftovers for lunch today:).

Annette

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Tonight hubby's bringing home Chinese, probably Special Chow Mein and a toss up to whether he comes home with Sweet and Sour Chicken Balls or Deep Fried Prawns with Plum Sauce, I always add a tad of hot mustard to this.
Tomorrow I'm thinking a nice Greek Salad, well maybe not as nice as it could be, I have to buy the tomatoes and yes there will be a few Greek olives tossed in. Hey, this is Salad weather.
Another salad I haven't made for years, a wilted spinach salad, spinach, bacon bits, a bit of onion and hard boiled egg. Of course it's no good if you don't use bacon drippings in the dressing;).
Annette

Last edited:

Latest posts