Now We Have Robo Texts?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
That has happened here on the house - caller id shows our number; it's even showed my name.

Caller id can probably show whatever the caller's computer has programmed. Copy/paste ... How long before contacts are hacked and the id shows as someone we know? Hopefully, blocking is sophisticated and recognizes the number behind the sham id.

A telephone wire in our backyard offers few choices and it is certainly obvious to me that spam calls are much, much more common from that monopoly. Cell or Land - the companies must take on the responsibility. Do we have any honest ratings on service? As someone who only uses texts, I'm mostly just exposed to DW's aggravations.

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
My phone can only keep a finite number of blocked numbers. I will be shopping for a new phone soon. I think I will make an effort at that time to subscribe to or buy what ever is available to block spam.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have AT&T for cell service. While we get lots of calls, AT&T has a spam service, after a number makes so many calls, it is recognized as a spammer. So when that number calls or texts, "FRAUD ALERT" comes up on the phone. It helps.

Latest posts