Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My family is talking about mail ordering some fruit and nut trees and I’m looking for recommendations for places to order from. The main things I’m looking for are apples, pears, plums, and English walnuts.
Ive been looking at Stark Brothers. Has anyone on here ordered from them before?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I ordered apples, pears, plums, English walnuts, peaches, pecans, hazelnuts, and a mulberry from Stark Bros. About a year later I got a call out of the blue asking how they did. When I mentioned that one pear had died they sent me a replacement.

Niele da Kine

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Hawaii Island aka the 'Big Island' Zone 11b
Is your zone, 7b, considered 'south'? If you don't have a lot of winter chill time, then some of the stone fruits like peaches and such are sensitive to a lack of winter chill. We get specific 'low chill' varieties from Bay Laurel Nurseries in California. They mention how many hours of winter chill time each variety needs in order to set the full amount of fruit. It may not be a worry in your area if it gets cold enough in winter, though.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We are considered south. I’m right on the line where I can grow both the regular and low chill varieties. I ordered Plums, Raspberries and Mulberries from Gurneys this year but I can’t get peaches from them so I may look there next year.

Latest posts