October Crazy-Hip Replacement

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today the home health nurse came, then later the therapist came. both were impressed with BJ's overall good health and the good shape he is in. He has exercises to do that will help him to recover better and faster. He has a walker to use, mainly for balance so he doesn't fall. It will take awhile, but he will be back to his regular self, better than ever.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
In A Little Time

b.gif

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Whoa! A lot has been going on since last I visited. Glad BJ got through surgery good and is now home and recovering. Praying pt goes well and rapid. It won't be long and he'll be out & about. :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I took hog fat out of the freezer and melted it down and canned 8 quarts of lard yesterday. That was an all day chore! I still have more pig fat to get out of the freezer, I need the room! I love cooking with lard, it makes the BEST pie crust. It only takes a small amount for stir fry. Best of all, I raised that pig and I know what it ate and how it was cared for. I also got 6 bags of cracklins, of 1 cup each, in the freezer. They are yummy!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I took hog fat out of the freezer and melted it down and canned 8 quarts of lard yesterday. That was an all day chore! I still have more pig fat to get out of the freezer, I need the room! I love cooking with lard, it makes the BEST pie crust. It only takes a small amount for stir fry. Best of all, I raised that pig and I know what it ate and how it was cared for. I also got 6 bags of cracklins, of 1 cup each, in the freezer. They are yummy!
Lard and Cracklins, If we ever doubted it before, here is proof you are indeed from the south. LOL

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is amazing how fast our bodies heal after a surgery. With BJ's positive attitude and good health, he's going to be up and about by Halloween! Well at least he'll be off that bed. Just make sure he doesn't overdo it and listens to his body.

Occasionally I find pieces of pork fat at the grocery store. I look for the one that has the most meat on it. Render it and then put some of those cracklins on a warm corn tortilla with salsa and boy is it good! Heck, I save my bacon fat too!

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I raised that pig and I know what it ate and how it was cared for

And you still eat it! You must be made of stern stuff.
Our grand daughters visited us a couple months ago. The youngest hit the door wanting sausage. Her eyes got big when I told her we were out of sausage. She looked at me in disbelief, so I took her and her sister out to see the "sausage". I showed them the 2 pigs and told them there was their sausage, pork chops, roast and bacon. They were licking their lips LOL. So when they came to see us a couple weekends ago, I had sausage. The pigs have been replaced by a steer and they are ready for steak.

Latest posts