October Crazy-Hip Replacement

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
How is BJ doing?

Mary
He is doing phenomenal. He is walking now without his cane. Most of the swelling has gone down, it was his entire leg, now it is a hard knot at the surgical site. Pain has diminished greatly. He goes back to the surgeon Friday for a check up and will probably be released to drive.

The doctor went in from the front of BJ's hip, it meant less trauma and damage to nerves and muscles. about 10 years ago, my sister had hip replacement surgery and the doctor went in from the side. She had a long and painful miserable recovery. What a difference!

I don't let him do much. No way I'm going to let him mess this up. We went to get feed yesterday, about an hour away. Stopped at Tractor Supply for dog food, got home with 1350 pounds of feed. I didn't let him touch a bag. I unloaded the 150 pounds of dog food on the porch, it goes into metal trash can. I did let him drive his truck up to the sheep barn, where I unloaded feed, then to the farm fuel tank where he filled up the truck while I put feed in the mule. He drove the mule to the horse barn and I finished unloading feed. He whined about not being to help me. :lol:

After all that, he was exhausted and took a nap. :gig:gig

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I finally did get all the rest of the Cornish Cross butchered and in the freezer. Neighbor Ron came over and we slaughtered 10, 16 more to go. It takes me a couple of days to get them processed and vacuum sealed. I'm so picky and wash them half to death......that's funny, They are already dead! Anyway, I did 6 by myself and had them on ice, Ron came back over and we slaughtered the last 10. They I spent 2 days getting them all processed. The good news?
NO MORE DIRTY BIRDIES!!!! :weee :weee

I did quite well on this batch of cornish. Got 2 more customers, 1 was a repeat. Then I sold a single chicken to another lady. My best customers bought 25 in the spring and were out of breast meat and asked if I would sell them more if I had any left from this batch. So I did. We took it to them today, they have Covid and feel awful. They put a check on the table on their back porch and I placed the bags of meat on the table. I also took them 2 quarts of chicken broth for hot cups of broth. Neighbors came over this morning and I gave them a whole chicken. They have an ice machine and I get all the ice I want. Good trade!

My best customer said that her beautician is interested in buying chicken from me. One of my new customers, (she bought 10) said her sister in law is looking for someone to buy meat from. I didn't set out to be The Chicken Lady, but it looks like that is how it is turning out.

October is over and it has been interesting to say the least. I hit it at a dead run and haven't stopped. I need a week off.......... like that's going to happen.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
October is over and it has been interesting to say the least. I hit it at a dead run and haven't stopped. I need a week off.......... like that's going to happen.

once in a while it's ok to take some time off. celebrate, enjoy, especially when you finish a task. :) do a happy dance and have some fun. not that doing all the other things aren't fun, but i think it does help keep some things in perspective and gives you a bit of a recharge in other ways that are important. :)

Latest posts