Official Poll: What is the #1 pest/problem in your garden?

What is the #1 pest/problem in your garden?

• Beetles, worms and other insects

Votes: 31 66.0%
  • Leaf problems (Mold, blight, etc)

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Root problems (Root rot, nematodes, etc)

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Fruit problems (Blossom end rot, etc)

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Multiple plant parts (Anthracnose, black rot, viruses etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Small mammals/rodents

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Large animals (Deer, dogs, etc)

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Others

Votes: 10 21.3%

• Total voters

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Tony, from just across the border. I had a huge number of Japanese beetles a few years back, but after those two hot dry years we had, I've hardly seen any. I think the grubs got cooked in the ground before they could emerge so the life cycle was broken. I did see a few last year so maybe they are on the way back.

I had june bugs really bad last summer. They did a serious number on my grapes an apples. These things seem to go in cycles.

Tony O

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Tony, from just across the border. I had a huge number of Japanese beetles a few years back, but after those two hot dry years we had, I've hardly seen any. I think the grubs got cooked in the ground before they could emerge so the life cycle was broken. I did see a few last year so maybe they are on the way back.

I had june bugs really bad last summer. They did a serious number on my grapes an apples. These things seem to go in cycles.
Cool & wet (most of) this summer, but didn't see more than a few. Maybe last winter helped rid us of some too. I've still got a trap ready if needed. :fl

Edited to add . . . Now if they would just come up with a June bug trap. :thumbsup

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey, there! Welcome to TEG, @Tony O!

I know, you've been a member long enough to make me feel like a newbie, but we've just met so I wanted to recognize your participation. I also want to let you know I am pleased to make your acquaintance and glad you have found your way home to your friends here at TEG. Hate those Japanese Beetles, too!