Official TEG Poll - New Year New You...Resolution Time!

Pick one or pick a few, it's all up to YOU! Be sure to elaborate down below.

• Eat healthier

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Just do it!

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Spend less

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Help more

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Be more patient

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Get in shape

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Declutter

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Teach someone something

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Learn something new

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Other (elaborate in comments)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

TEG Project Manager

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's almost a new year and guess what that means? Time to change something!

What can you change to make a better you?

First select an option in the poll above then tell us more about why you chose that option.

Anything is possible..

We want details. 🤓

4.jpg

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I stopped exercising after my last spartan race was canceled due to covid. Also not able to pay the fees to have my race moved, and even if I could--babysitting is a lot harder now. -.- It's killed my drive to workout. I'd love to get back to it though so I can be standing on the podium next time instead of 149th place >.<

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I no longer will jump from Jet Aircraft or Ski in Portillo Chile or eat anything at a Pot Luck given by bearded persons wearing turbans ```
No offense but I could think of a few more new years resolutions added to your list. For all you know I may be wearing a turban and be of Chinese descent :) . Just saying!

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I most certainly have to improve on my diet, I've been doing a bit too much of comfort eating through this lockdown.

As for teaching, I need to stop, I've been obsessed with trying to teach people the little I've picked up over the years and do this less today, that's unless someone is open and really wants to know! There's nothing more off putting than a bore, patronising every human they come across.

Last edited:

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have let my MG membership lapse, but I hope that changes at work will allow me to get back to doing a bit of teaching with the Junior MG's, or volunteer for the classes given for the low/no income group about growing their own in buckets.

The declutter part serves a purpose. Long story short, when we moved to where we are, it was with plans of tearing down the Shack (or burning it down, as the case may be) so first comes the garage for storage, and re-building supplies. So now is the time to declutter, give away and donate.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
1609287598054.png

When I was. maybe 3 or 4 folks got a collie ~ she was tied and her nose looked like a beautiful chunk of black chewy candy, I got hold of her ears and bit into her nose ~ yelping, she bit me right back, I had teeth marks for years round that eye ~ I never saw that dog again poor thing ~ she may have been taken for a walk cross the ranch back of the corral north of the barn ```

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
DH and I usually go on a diet every New Year to lose the 10 pounds we gained after we went off the diet that we lost ten pounds on. :lol: We deny ourselves ice cream, pie, carbs, and all the good stuff that comes with calories. We suffer greatly, weigh carefully and at last! We get down to the desired weight and go for the ice cream! :yesss:

Rinse, repeat. :D :D:D :D:D :D

I have a goal of knee replacement surgery in the late summer or early fall. I will plant the garden, can, freeze and dehydrate the proceeds. I'll raise meat chickens, get them in the freezer, raise feeder pigs and get them in freezer. Then go get my knee surgery and have the winter to go to therapy and recover.

DH will be able to take care of horses, sheep, laying hens and dogs.

I want to learn new recipes. I made orange chicken a few weeks ago and it was awesome! Making potstickers tomorrow. I have a recipe for making corn tortillas from Painted Mountain corn that I grew. I want more recipes to use the vegetables and meat that I raise.

Covid 19 has been a wake up call for many. Seed companies ran out of seeds. Slaughter facilities got booked up and are booked into 2022. All of a sudden, everyone wants to be a farmer and raise something to eat. I congratulate these people and hope they stick with it. For me, it underscored why I garden and raise animals. Lockdown? We were happy right here on our farm doing what we always do. There were a few holes in my SHTF preparations.

I will save more seeds and try to keep varieties separate.
I will plant more diverse vegetables.
I will buy and keep a 3 year supply of canning lids. (buying all I can when I find them LOL)

We gave away a lot of vegetables, eggs and meat in 2020. Meat and eggs quantity is fixed, but I can increase the garden for 2021.

Latest posts