Official TEG Poll - New Year New You...Resolution Time!

Pick one or pick a few, it's all up to YOU! Be sure to elaborate down below.

• Eat healthier

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Just do it!

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Spend less

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Help more

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Be more patient

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Get in shape

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Declutter

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Teach someone something

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Learn something new

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Other (elaborate in comments)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Who ever is snooping is intrusive and corrupt. I do hope that their evil deeds jumps back at them and hits them back ten fold.

By all means be aware and observant but don't let low lives make you paranoid. That is exactly what they want besides your cash or information

i no, i'm not paranoid and don't care.

much like how we don't have curtains on the windows here. if someone looks in they deserve whatever brain damage they experience as a result. as Mom says, "They can look all they want." :) we're both on the same page there. i live my life openly and i'm not hiding or caring to hide anything at all. i do human things. i don't care what other people think. i won't go naked in the front yard, but inside the house i may not always have clothes on. look at your own peril. :)

as for snooping and hackers, the connection to the internet most people use now from their own devices to other websites/computers is normally somewhat encrypted, but you can be sure that your ISP is tracking what sites you are visiting and the various sites are also tracking what you are doing. none of that is surprising to me. how that information gets used depends upon the services and the various regulations and the government.

if the government or hackers are snooping much beyond that then that's going to be up to your local government and laws. since you are in the UK i have no idea what the privacy laws are like there or how well they are regulated or enforced.

in the older days people would put things like FBI, NSA, CIA in their posts so that if the government was snooping they'd pick up those messages. now with most of it being encrypted until it hits a website that won't likely get anyone's attention but it is searchable via google and such eventually so who knows who might find it later and go "Hmm?" and look further. *waves hello*

e-mail, texts, cell phones all can have various layers of encryption in them, but then there is the emergency services and location tracking so that when you hit 911 they can find you and such. or in our case with this new service we can add medical assistance to it (not on there yet, and hope we don't need it, but the option is there).

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i no, i'm not paranoid and don't care.

much like how we don't have curtains on the windows here. if someone looks in they deserve whatever brain damage they experience as a result. as Mom says, "They can look all they want." :) we're both on the same page there. i live my life openly and i'm not hiding or caring to hide anything at all. i do human things. i don't care what other people think. i won't go naked in the front yard, but inside the house i may not always have clothes on. look at your own peril. :)

as for snooping and hackers, the connection to the internet most people use now from their own devices to other websites/computers is normally somewhat encrypted, but you can be sure that your ISP is tracking what sites you are visiting and the various sites are also tracking what you are doing. none of that is surprising to me. how that information gets used depends upon the services and the various regulations and the government.

if the government or hackers are snooping much beyond that then that's going to be up to your local government and laws. since you are in the UK i have no idea what the privacy laws are like there or how well they are regulated or enforced.

in the older days people would put things like FBI, NSA, CIA in their posts so that if the government was snooping they'd pick up those messages. now with most of it being encrypted until it hits a website that won't likely get anyone's attention but it is searchable via google and such eventually so who knows who might find it later and go "Hmm?" and look further. *waves hello*

e-mail, texts, cell phones all can have various layers of encryption in them, but then there is the emergency services and location tracking so that when you hit 911 they can find you and such. or in our case with this new service we can add medical assistance to it (not on there yet, and hope we don't need it, but the option is there).
I love you and your mother's attitude, the brain damage really made me laugh.

I really don't know what UK law is on the internet, it's all cracked as far as I can see. A friend of mine had a massive loss from hackers and the police didn't even suggest or offer any kind help.

How much of this is the truth I really do not know, but a local rental company apparently has been messing around with their customers files, like deleting arranged works and adding false information to their customers data. I've read a blog on this and someone local confirmed most of this by telling me this same information. Most of the people that work for this company would probably be unaware of this fact, so it must cause a lot of confusion if it's true.

Like many people here I'm really worried what laws will be changed , what protection will our citizens have on the internet and everyday life.
It shocked me to find that not all companies have to honor the freedom of information act, until recently I believed all companies were under this obligation by law, but apparently not.

I appreciate everyone here who have been so helpful, I'm afraid the land of cyber is still a mystery to me.

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
Health is #1 for me. I am better than last year. The vitamins and understanding what is wrong. I did not lose weight. I was losing but gained it back. I gave up ice cream right before Thanksgiving and I want to improve how I eat and lose. I have lots of decluttering and fixing to do. I want to stock up better on food and suppliles because of the things going on in the world. I ordered garden seeds tonight.

Latest posts