Oh HAIL!!

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Well, it would be too late to start eggplant from seed in any part of Colorado I've seen.

But, there are quite a few plants of all sorts in the farmers' markets, garden centers, etc. - I'd bet.

Steve
Oh ok i'm just a little worried with my eggplants :fl , for some reason they get yellow and end up withering away and dying. I have a few that look to be ok but i just hope they make it. I picked a great variety this year called "Prosperosa" and i want to look forward to this variety. I remember last year planting a little late but i fed the plants miracle gro over the growing season and they managed to produce on time.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
And, you aren't in CO if I recall correctly. So, I really don't know.

Colorado and hereabouts are fairly similar in growing conditions. Many gardeners are still getting plants into their gardens. About 50 miles from here, the average date for last frost still hasn't arrived . . .

Lots and lots of plant starts available in this neck of the woods.

Steve

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
And, you aren't in CO if I recall correctly. So, I really don't know.

Colorado and hereabouts are fairly similar in growing conditions. Many gardeners are still getting plants into their gardens. About 50 miles from here, the average date for last frost still hasn't arrived . . .

Lots and lots of plant starts available in this neck of the woods.

Steve
No, i'm in NY i just hope the ones i have left will be ok. Lots of nurseries where i live have eggplants but not the variety i'm looking for.

Thanks digits!!!!! :thumbsup

COgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I just went out to the gardens and while things are pretty beat up :hit I did see some new squash and 1 watermelon coming up :ya . I feel a little better and tomorrow it is suppose to get up to 80 which is going to feel really good as it is only 40 here right now....... Come on sunshine :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
COgirl said:
I just went out to the gardens and while things are pretty beat up :hit I did see some new squash and 1 watermelon coming up :ya . I feel a little better and tomorrow it is suppose to get up to 80 which is going to feel really good as it is only 40 here right now....... Come on sunshine :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun
Oh thats good!! Glad your garden is looking better, have you replanted or sow more seeds?
You should be able to replant.

Here, I'll send you some sun :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun

COgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks guys your :coolsun :coolsun :coolsun thoughts are so appreciated!! Haven't replanted anything yet want to see how things look after some warmth and :coolsun then I'll make some plans. I do need to get my pole beans in my 3 sisters garden tomorrow.