Oh how brave the internet makes us...

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I logged in to Backyard Chickens yesterday and had a private message from someone asking me how I dispatch my meaties. Then he asked me a few more questions about plucking and such and I was more than happy to answer them. He sent me a message this morning thanking me for all my help and I said no problem and gave him a couple links to references I used when I started butchering my own meaties. Then he sent me this message back (this is word for word by the way!)

i like your avatar pic. is that yourself? you look very young and pretty. are you in your 20s? are you married? i am just curious ;-)

My initial reaction was creeped out, and then I couldn't stop laughing. I showed Josh and he laughed. I responded with "Yes I am in my 20s, not married but in a serious relationship. Not sure where your curiosity sprouted from, but it was slightly creepy." Hopefully I didn't break his heart :gig

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That was technically rude of that fellow, on the grounds of being overly forward. But at least it was not filled with seriously rude suggestions and other worse things.

Yea, the internet does that strange thing. Hopefully he'll kick his own rear, perhaps apologize, and learn.

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I just couldn't believe he actually sent that! He was a fairly new member. He responded to me with another question about butchering. Like I said before- I am happy to answer those kinds of questions!

marshallsmyth said:
That was technically rude of that fellow, on the grounds of being overly forward. But at least it was not filled with seriously rude suggestions and other worse things.

Yea, the internet does that strange thing. Hopefully he'll kick his own rear, perhaps apologize, and learn.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
HPQ, I've had that same sort of odd message, worded exactly the same, 3 times now.

Was yours like this?
hi, how do you slaughter a rooster? is there a best way to do it? there are so many opinions.

thanks
I reported it because it seemed to be phishing. Or I thought maybe it was someone from Peta wanting to blow up my computer with a virus or something. :p

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh my goodness! That is the same message I got! Did you ever hear if it was real or fake? What was the user name of the person who sent that to you? You can PM me!

journey11 said:
HPQ, I've had that same sort of odd message, worded exactly the same, 3 times now.

Was yours like this?
hi, how do you slaughter a rooster? is there a best way to do it? there are so many opinions.

thanks
I reported it because it seemed to be phishing. Or I thought maybe it was someone from Peta wanting to blow up my computer with a virus or something. :p

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh...There just might be something going on besides just some guy having a moment of rudeness...

Yep, I'd report it. The administrators will know what to do.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I had a similar experience w/ someone originally on BYC, he was asking questions about by chicken gardening concepts. I have a link to my FB on my byc sig. line and have tons more pics on my fb, so he fb friended me which was fine I accepted the friend request after I answered his garden questions I didn't hear anything more, which was completely normal, then a few weeks later he e-mailed me telling me how his mother died and calling me "love" which I thought was a cultural thing b/c he said he was from another country. I sent my sypmathy over the loss of his mother, then next thing I know the next message he sends is a marraige proposal, needless to say he got defriended immediately.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
HotPepperQueen, that message made me laugh because after reading your post about all that you did the other day, I was wondering how old you were! :lol: Now don't go feeling creepy on me. I am just so impressed by your hard work ethic and maturity.

Mary

Latest posts