Oh my aching bones.....

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I want to roll around whining with you in this thread because.. I am sore, sunburned and tired..I have to go to work to get rest today!!!! My mind always wants to do what my body says "no" to!!!

Motrin, tylenol and coffee are my breakfast of choice today :p

2468Gardeningisgr8

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
HiDelight said:
I want to roll around whining with you in this thread because.. I am sore, sunburned and tired..I have to go to work to get rest today!!!! My mind always wants to do what my body says "no" to!!!

Motrin, tylenol and coffee are my breakfast of choice today :p
Ha ha ha !!! I remember when I worked afternoon shift before my kids where in school I use to say i went to work to rest also....I hear you....slap on some aloe !!! Day dream about your plans for your gardens....

Edit to ask.....
Where is Salish Sea?

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The Salish Sea is the Native American name for the southern end of the Puget Sound I live in SouthWestern Washtington State right on the south Puget Sound

it just sounds so romantic to call it the Salish Sea :)

off to rest my achey bod at work now!

it is supposed to be in the 80's here this week and I am going to be inside :( that part is a bummer! hope the weather holds for the weekend..or I will be forced to leave the garden alone and actually face the house work :p

thanks for the thread and letting me come over and whine :)

how is your weather? I am a proud half Canadian :) my father is from Montreal ..I have cousins in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well we had a fun aching weekend too... it was like the work never ended.... I let the kids play in the little pool and sprinkler all day yesterday so I could weed and weed whack around the pond. By the time I was done it was time to do dishes and make dinner.

I have to go out today and transplant a few more things, and fix a bed I have decided was WAY too small for the plants that are in it.

Hubby is going to kill me... today I was supposed to clean the INSIDE of the house and leave the yard alone!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2468Gardeningisgr8

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
HiDelight said:
The Salish Sea is the Native American name for the southern end of the Puget Sound I live in SouthWestern Washtington State right on the south Puget Sound

it just sounds so romantic to call it the Salish Sea :)

off to rest my achey bod at work now!

it is supposed to be in the 80's here this week and I am going to be inside :( that part is a bummer! hope the weather holds for the weekend..or I will be forced to leave the garden alone and actually face the house work :p

thanks for the thread and letting me come over and whine :)

how is your weather? I am a proud half Canadian :) my father is from Montreal ..I have cousins in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver
I was up in your neck of the woods about two weeks ago...Hubby and I flew out to Vancouver B.C and we drove into the Okanagan Valley(where I am from) to visit some family and then we drove down to Portland Oregon for bussiness through Washington/osooyoos border....We always enjoy the drive down and on our way back we drove to the Oregon Coast and stayed in Sea Side BEAUTIFUL....wish we had more time...maybe next time will check out Salish Sea.....
My Hubby is from Quebec...a little town an hour away from Montreal...Does your Father speak french?.....We live just outside of Guelph ...which is about an hour away from downtown Toronto..well it depends on who's driving...ha ha !!
Have a good day...and I wish for you rainy weather for when your working and a sunny weekend....Come on over and Whine any ole time....:frow

2468Gardeningisgr8

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
vfem said:
Well we had a fun aching weekend too... it was like the work never ended.... I let the kids play in the little pool and sprinkler all day yesterday so I could weed and weed whack around the pond. By the time I was done it was time to do dishes and make dinner.

I have to go out today and transplant a few more things, and fix a bed I have decided was WAY too small for the plants that are in it.

Hubby is going to kill me... today I was supposed to clean the INSIDE of the house and leave the yard alone!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know what you mean....my kids were whining they have no cloths ! Imagine that....

davaroo

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
2468Gardeningisgr8 said:
davaroo said:
And my back and my knees and my arms - did I mention my aching back?
Plus here in S. Carolina, it's hot - and the sun is bright. I sweat right away and drank about a gallon of water just to keep up today.

I work 12 hour shifts during the week and am a Weekend Warrior in the garden. I'm still waiting to get toughened up to all this....
When it gets really hot here and I am in the garden, I tie a dish towel to my jeans so I dont get sweat in my eyes...
I feel your pain ....last year it was my back...
Okay, see... now this is interesting. How does a dishtowel attached to your britches keep sweat from out of your eyes??

2468Gardeningisgr8

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
davaroo said:
2468Gardeningisgr8 said:
davaroo said:
And my back and my knees and my arms - did I mention my aching back?
Plus here in S. Carolina, it's hot - and the sun is bright. I sweat right away and drank about a gallon of water just to keep up today.

I work 12 hour shifts during the week and am a Weekend Warrior in the garden. I'm still waiting to get toughened up to all this....
When it gets really hot here and I am in the garden, I tie a dish towel to my jeans so I dont get sweat in my eyes...
I feel your pain ....last year it was my back...
Okay, see... now this is interesting. How does a dishtowel attached to your britches keep sweat from out of your eyes??
LOL oooops!! .....I was talking in my head and not typing it down properly probably too much blood in my head from me bending down weeding all weekend....
I ment to say i tie it to my jeans to wipe the sweat off my face ....instead of my dirty shirt ......

big brown horse

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm headed for the whine country too. I am hot. :( My garden needs to be watered and the puppy (2 years old) chewed my long garden hose into 3 pieces.:barnie Now I will have to irrigate the old fashioned way, the bucket brigade.

2468Gardeningisgr8

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
I'm headed for the whine country too. I am hot. :( My garden needs to be watered and the puppy (2 years old) chewed my long garden hose into 3 pieces.:barnie Now I will have to irrigate the old fashioned way, the bucket brigade.
OOOOOOH Man.....grab a tea towel.....hee hee hee...and a small cup so you can do each plant a little at a time.....remember to take a break
Hey your from the same place "Hidelight" is from...just learned where that place was today....

Okay go on whining now....

Latest posts