OH MY GOSH! <gag>..... <wretch>

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
I only had a few minutes today for lunch so I ran by McDonalds on the way back from the bank. Whenever I'm stuck with this for lunch, I get a 'treat' in the afternoon of iced coffee from that huge cup of ice that came with my tiny splash of soda.
Well I finished the soda and opened up my cup.... and ... there is a wing - and a pair of legs - and what looks like a head with a front leg attached... I'm pretty sure this was one of those big-honkin huge fat flies. Probably delivered to me in my ice.
:sick
4fvgdaq_th.gif
eek5.gif
www_MyEmoticons_com__burp.gif

Suddenly those nuggets are not sitting so well.......
fly.gif

8721_corps_in_my_cup.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh no! Lets hope the other half of the bug was in another ice cube... and you didn't drink it! I bought a pint of raspberries from my fav fruit stand- and started eating them in the car, on the way home. When I got in the house, I saw all the little worms on them. That was protein I didn't need!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Geesh - pretty sure live worms trumps dead fly parts.
Glad you survived.
:p

StonyGarden

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
LOL sorry but I have to laugh!! I worked at McDonald's as a teen and saw some gross stuff and participated in some gross stuff (Catching a fly and sticking it in cheese on a cheese burger and wrapping it up and handing it to a customer; dropping a burger and then picking it up and fixing it up and handing it to a customer; etc.)

Sorry about your drink.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I suppose that this will permanently color your ideas about stir-flies, uh . . . fries, Cane'!

Whaddya gonna do??

They're out there. I killed a moth in the kitchen window this morning . . . mourn the little critters. They didn't mean any harm :/.

You know, the agronomists talk about a plant "metabolizing" what is sprayed on them. Ingesting is only a more direct route. Just metabolize 'em. Apologize for doing it but just do it.

Steve

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
A fresh FLY! Look on the bright side--at least it wasn't a maggot! :lol: But if it was, you could have had FLIED RICE!! :gig

Latest posts