Oh no... Look what we got!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Went to the livestock auction yesterday to meet some BYC peep's... (Hi to who I met, you know who you are!)

Brought home one of these 2 lovies. We kept the male. They're mini rex short hairs. He's so darn sweet!

5842_img00489.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Exactly why you will never catch me at one of those auctions!! I hate to think what I would come home with! Will this be a pet for your daughter? Lots of nice fertilizer! Enjoy!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
lesa said:
Exactly why you will never catch me at one of those auctions!! I hate to think what I would come home with! Will this be a pet for your daughter? Lots of nice fertilizer! Enjoy!
Oh yes... most definitely a pet, and we'll enjoy the fertilizer for sure. We can't do meat rabbits. For one I don't eat mammal in general, so its pointless... and second, I have a hard enough time offing the chickens when I need to!

I don't know if he's more DD's pet or Hubby's pet. Man did my husband go GAGA over him when I brought Mr. Oreo home.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Nice bunnies Vfem! :thumbsup I'm sure your daughter will love them.
Are they both a male and female so you can get more small bunnies soon?

Enjoy!! :bun at least you'll have nice fertilizer for the garden this season
I think if I went to those livestock auction I'd bring the whole farm home....:lol:

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Greenthumb18 said:
Nice bunnies Vfem! :thumbsup I'm sure your daughter will love them.
Are they both a male and female so you can get more small bunnies soon?
Vfem, I thought you only got one bunny? It is very cute and appropriately named.

Mary

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes, April... we just can't stop petting all that softness!!!

Mary, I did buy 2 (they require you buy whatever is in the box at the auction when you bid, and there were 2 in that box), we sexed them after I bought them... found out 1 girl, and 1 boy... so 1 had to go. So I traded it for a silkie hen! :D

In the end I went home with 1 boy mini rex and 2 silkie pullets.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
Yes, April... we just can't stop petting all that softness!!!

Mary, I did buy 2 (they require you buy whatever is in the box at the auction when you bid, and there were 2 in that box), we sexed them after I bought them... found out 1 girl, and 1 boy... so 1 had to go. So I traded it for a silkie hen! :D

In the end I went home with 1 boy mini rex and 2 silkie pullets.
Vfem,

If I were you I would of taken that girl rabbit too, so you can have more bunnies. Don't you think that one male rabbit will get lonely? :idunno I know rabbits don't like to be by themselves.

Latest posts