Oh no... Look what we got!

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
He probably won't get lonely if someone is constantly stroking his fur! :lol: Beautiful bunny, Vfem. My daughters used to raise mini rex and show them in 4H. Those darned rabbits spent a lot of time in our laps in the evenings - great "fur" therapy!!!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Rexes have really sweet dispositions as a general rule. They're a great breed if you want a pet. As to rabbit manure I don't know of anything that increases the worms in your garden faster than piling on the bunny berries.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hahaha... Bunny berries! :gig

Hubby and I are quite proud of him. He hasn't pottied in our living room while we have him out. You put him in his cage and he goes straight to his corner, then runs for the cage door to come back out. I guess that was easier then litter training a cat! :thumbsup

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
Hahaha... Bunny berries! :gig

Hubby and I are quite proud of him. He hasn't pottied in our living room while we have him out. You put him in his cage and he goes straight to his corner, then runs for the cage door to come back out. I guess that was easier then litter training a cat! :thumbsup
Vfem,

:D Do you just have the male rabbit, are you thinking of getting him a female?
Didn't know you could potty train a rabbit.

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What a smart boy he is, Vfem! Sounds like he's spoiled already! Rabbits really do make nice pets.

If you are thinking about getting him a female at all, you might want to consider the fact that the males will spray if females are around (and it really stinks!) and they can also get ornery. They also "breed like rabbits" so it's hard to have any fun with them if they are both going to be out at the same time (don't ask me how I know this :/). I think you can get the males fixed, so if you decide he needs a buddy you could ask around about that.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That's right... no girls for him! :lol:

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Rabbits are really self training when it come to a litter box. One of the first things a rabbit in a new territory will do is choose a potty corner. All you have to do is put the litter box in the potty corner and Viola. Potty trained. If you intend to use the manure on a garden though don't use kitty litter. It often contains ingredients that ar not good for plants. Chopped straw or wood shavings are better.
There is a twofold reason for the potty corner; one of course is that rabbits are clean by nature. The other is that a poop pile is a territorial boundary for a buck. My bucks will pile it till it looks like poop mountain if I don't get to it for a few days.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
No problem, I got the potty corner set now. Cleaned the cage today and dumped everything in the compost! WALLA! :cool: We're using pineshaving since that's what we buy in bulk for the chicken coops.

He's doing so well too... he likes being chased, and will big my husband until he chases him. Its hilarious, when Brian is done with him and walks away bunny goes all crazy and runs back and forth in front of him to get his attention and then watches to make sure he's chasing him. If he's not bunny comes running to him and stands on his foot. Those two are so unbelievably bonded its weird. I had a rabbit when I was young, I don't remember him/her ever being so involved. But he/she was housed outside in a pen and wasn't an indoor pet. :/

Latest posts