OK, It's Time for all Gardeners to Get into Shape!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Gotta keep moving, switch gears, plan the days...

For me, tomorrow is going to be today basically, part 2, with a couple small changes...

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well...I just hope it's not gonna take two days to get over one day of gardening, all season long, or I won't get much done. I worked with a shovel and spading fork (?) Thursday, and Friday I could barely move. Today, still hurting. That was only about 90 minutes of moderate work. It's supposed to rain and cool off (more) this next week, so I'll not get a chance to do much in the way of toughening up for a week or so now. At least my cabbage is hardening off, even if I'm not! :/

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I somehow injured my good knee so now I'm a double gimp, wearing braces on two legs and eating ibuprofen and naproxen. :(
I'm icing my knees every night and hoping they start healing soon or I'm going to have to cut down my client base.

So discouraging...

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
I somehow injured my good knee so now I'm a double gimp, wearing braces on two legs and eating ibuprofen and naproxen. :(
I'm icing my knees every night and hoping they start healing soon or I'm going to have to cut down my client base.

So discouraging...
I hope you start feeling better. That would be discouraging right when the nice weather starts. :(

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh Thistle, you can't get hurt now. Wish I knew of a healing remedy to help you. Have you seen the doc? Not that they're much help sometimes. :/

Mary

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had a close call hurting my right knee while working at the greenhouse nursery back in '06. Two of us lifting a large tree into a pickup truck. We didn't get the count of 3 right. I foolishly set my knee under it to catch it and to let it down. With a grimmace we restarted our count and got it in, but uh...walking away my knee buckled under me. Maybe I should have gone see a doc, but over the next couple months it healed. That knee is still kind of weak until my coffee kicks in in the morning, then it's ok.

I forget the gallon size of pot it was, 3 foot wide and 3 foot deep, and I guess freshly watered. That was one difference I mentioned to Roxi that if I ever owned a nursery, the trees would be in the lightest weight potting soil possible, and the row stabilizers for the trees could include a long bar over their pots. We had a good system of tree supports at most places. But sometimes, rrr, she did not mind using heavy dirt type top soil.

=====

Oh Thistle, do take care of that knee, and coming from one who probably did it the same way, go see a doc. think...the future... it might be more, much more expensive NOT to go see your doctor! Also, gotta start thinking of alternative moves for some of the things you do. YUP.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thistle, if your knees have inflammation in them, I strongly recommend taking turmeric capsules. It is a known anti-inflammatory, safe, and as a bonus, helps stop your hair from falling out. I am speaking from my own experience, plus what I have gleaned from reading, etc. Good luck to you!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
The cartilage can have an actual partial tear right near the connection.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
thistlebloom said:
. . . ibuprofen and naproxen. :(...
Related anti-inflammatories you know, Thistle'.

You can't double up or you might end up doubled-up, with the stomach ache. I can't take anything but Tylenol ~ wail ! Went thru a whole series of anti-inflammatories for about 15 years, one variety right after another winding down to just a couple a week until the doc said, "No more." By that time, I was taking stomach meds (continuing).

He did say something about something else but it sure sounded like a narcotic. All I need - can't walk straight/can't think straight.

Steve
is crooked a shape :/?

Latest posts