On a Gardening Note

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm liking being a smartphone user now. That camera beats the tar out of my Nikon Coolpix for ease of use and picture quality, and it's the cheapest phone Verizon offers.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Don't say you weren't warned.

Here's the deal though, we have a half gig of data for two phones (dh just got the same kind of phone that I have) and through one billing cycle we used less than 20% of that. I keep my mobile data turned off
and don't do anything but use it as a phone (and camera) when I'm away from the house. If I need an app downloaded I do it at home with the house wifi.

I have found that overall it's easier and more intuitive to use than the old slider. Even my husband who is so resistant to change is doing fine with it.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Went from flip to smart. Then the camera. Now you download apps and used 20% of data...... you are staring down the road of addiction. Very interesting that thou still protests. U r on the dark side with other smart phone owners and still protesting ...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was out in the greenhouse taking pictures ...

Video of the furnace fail light flashing 5 times before I restarted it. Boy, he'd better be right about that part!

There has been some potting activity in the greenhouse lately and space is being filled. The wind has mostly died away and today should be the day for setting up the little hoophouse to effectively double protective growing. I don't think I will need to trample the half dozen bok choy plants that survived the winter in those soon to be covered beds. They are growing and look to be in good enuf shape to be in a stir-fry next week. Out with the 2016 "crop," in with new seed!

Steve

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
& checking emails. Quick views of Theeasygarden.com. Using location App to get easy directions to places-especially in towns. On trip, to do a quick check on gas prices, etc.....

You will soon be a smart phone junkie, addicted beyond hope. ;)

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
got home from work last night almost at 7 & DH wasn't there. so took dog out around the yard & checked trees & plants for signs of life...er...growth. 1 apple tree needs staking but the ground is really wet so not sure if there is rot happening or rodent damage from the rough winter. not much snow left after the past few days of rain. checked the garlic patch & there are plenty coming up there.

problem with the garlic patch is i didn't dig them up the past 2 years so i won't get any large bulbs & probably should pull them up & separate them. i'll try & replant them but if i do it this time of year they probably wouldn't grow bulbs but more like leeks as spring garlic. anyone ever try to replant this time of year? how well did they regrow?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Every year I do. Not nearly as well as fall but decent size bulbs.