On December 1st

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some of the most thoughtless people in the world are people in "authority."

Single-mindedness. Often that is their most profound qualification.

DD works for a bank . . . I once had a boss who remembered where he came from. If he hadn't married into wealth, it wasn't likely to have happened. Anyway, he once made a joke after a visit from his banker. Let's see if I can get this right . . .

A farmer went to the bank to get a loan. The banker said if you can guess which of my eyes is the glass one, you'll have the money. The farmer looked at him a moment and said, "The left one." Banker says, "D**n! How did you know that? This glass eye cost me plenty and was made to the highest standards." Farmer says, "Yeah but it was the only one of the two that had the slightest glint of humanity in it."

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
digitS' said:
Some of the most thoughtless people in the world are people in "authority."

Single-mindedness. Often that is their most profound qualification.

DD works for a bank . . . I once had a boss who remembered where he came from. If he hadn't married into wealth, it wasn't likely to have happened. Anyway, he once made a joke after a visit from his banker. Let's see if I can get this right . . .

A farmer went to the bank to get a loan. The banker said if you can guess which of my eyes is the glass one, you'll have the money. The farmer looked at him a moment and said, "The left one." Banker says, "D**n! How did you know that? This glass eye cost me plenty and was made to the highest standards." Farmer says, "Yeah but it was the only one of the two that had the slightest glint of humanity in it."

Steve
So true! lol

Latest posts