One Just For The Dogs...........

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This is my daughter's best friend and protector of our ducks (no will harm her toys in her yard I tell ya). She was a rescue we took in last September, named her Porche. Her dada was a black lab and her mama was a wiener dog! :lol:

She's got the long body and stumpy legs, but everyone thinks she's a lab puppy! :ep

(And NO, no ladders were involved in conception to the best of my knowledge.)

porche1.jpg

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks Ron I am so in love with my dogs I beem at the compliment! and was so nervous about the whole bully chicken thing since the dogs are raw fed I thought for sure they would figure out the chicken they eat is the same as the ones walking around the yard but as you can see they eat and are fine with the chickens wandering around ..they are very food motivated but also are sweet about giving food back ..my three year old chipmunk can take food out of their mouths and they just wag tails waiting for it to be given back ..they are the least aggressive dogs I have ever met to be honest and play very well with others dogs ...they break all the pitbull stereotypes in the world ..while they have a ball and stick drive and even Lister goes nuts swinging from a tire in th eyard ..they stop when you tell them to and do not they do not seem to have a chicken drive! even the bunnies and bossy Douglas squirrels that live in our yard just spark curiousity not drive ..so far anyway!

I will take a picture and show you how the yard looks this weekend it is kind of unusual the way it is spread out ...I am built into a bluff so my house is built right into the bedrock at the top of a hill over the Puget Sound ..I have four distinct garden areas the chicken yard and lower yard are all level but the rest is straight up ..I have tiers and stairs (Dr Seus stairs actually!) so yes it is a lot of work gardening out there but fun ..I am going to teach lister (when he is 2 years old) to pull a cart so he can help me lug weeds up the hill ..yes when the rains come it can be slippery but when I find a spot that feels unsafe I put chips or gravel on it and that seems to help

I am planning to have a nature trail of sorts through the garden .with switch backs up the hill ....so when I am older and my mind disapears I can just wander on my path all day :)

btw Lister and Phoebe are wonderful they poop right on top of the flower bed compost pile! then I just add to it and they poop again ..they think it is their poop mountain!

I have the other part of the problem I can not get them to poop on a leash!

we can walk and walk but they only poop when they come back and climb poop mountain!

ok off to work so I can earn money to support my garden addiction

heres to our dogs ..hopefully folks will post more dog pics :)

in the mean time you guys give your dogs a snuggle and kiss on the head from Auntie Heidi :)

Latest posts