one of our market gardens (pics)

Kim_NC

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
DH & I decided we needed some new pics for our farm website, so we took these of one of the market gardens a couple mornings ago.

All overall shot

garden_0510_1.jpg

Lettuces, Spinach, Swiss Chard, Potatoes

garden_0510_2.jpg

Cole crops - Cauliflower, Broccoli, Green and Purple Cabbages. We've already harvested the first planting of these (to right, out of view) and reseeded in squashes and zucchinis.

garden_0510_3.jpg

Buttercrunch Lettuce, Swiss Chard - a second planting, we've already been harvesting these crops from another garden area. I'm transplanting some of this Chard today to get it thinned out

garden_0510_Bcrunch_Chard.jpg

Black Seeded Simpson - also a second planting

garden_0510_Simpson.jpg

Last Fall's Bok Choy reseeded itself in the Mesculin patch - love it when stuff like that happens

garden_0510_BokCoy_Mesculin.jpg

Beds of Heirloom tomatoes

garden_0510_tomatoes1.jpg

garden_0510_tomatoes2.jpg

Mattemma

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Yum! That is a great looking garden!

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
oh drool drool, hope it dont all go to the market!! what great eating you have there. how many of you work to keep it looking like that?:ep

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Everything looks so amazing! We're planning on selling some extra, but your market garden is 10 x bigger then our personal one is!!! :lol:

Kim_NC

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Thank you All! Nice to know it looks good to others. :happy_flower

Steve - there are 2 more market gardens. The second is about 3/4 the size. The third is much smaller with 4 raised beds about (3' x 10' each) and a 10' x 15' plot for early cucumbers or other viney things in some years.

Here's a pic from last year of the other larger garden showing DH flanked by sunflowers and corn. LOL...with butternut squash and cantalope at his feet. (I don't have a pic of it from this year.)

sunflowers_corn.jpg

4grandbabies - it's only DH & I here. We spend a lot of time working. :) No worries, the market customers won't get it all. We eat all we possibly can fresh and then can, freeze, etc. The only veggies we buy in Winter are occasional salad ingredients.

Latest posts